Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chain Assets Only Turn one Direction

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
petestrycharske
412 Views, 3 Replies

Chain Assets Only Turn one Direction

All,

I am having some trouble creating a chain asset that will turn in either direction and there must be something that I am doing incorrectly.  Basically my curved section can only curve to the left, which leads me to believe that I modeled the asset poorly.  Can someone take a look at my models and see where I have gone astray?  I will do some more work on it later, but want to see if there is someone else around who might be able to detect what is going on.  Thanks in advance for all the help and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Pete,

I modified the curve asset by adding new Radius parameter and set original Inner_Radius as Driven parameter. Because the "Radius" that asset chain required must be "intermediate radius".

So you can search the asset chain asset by "Asset chain for pete"  which is shared at FAW in AutoCAD.

9-29-2013 10-58-59 AM.png

BTW: Before you sync Asset chain to Inventor, maybe you'd better refresh asset browser in Inventor in advance.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 4

Xuesong,

I am not seeing the new parameter, maybe I am just missing it.  What did you name the new parameter?  Also, could you send me the curved model, so I can double check the differences between what I did originally and what you are doing in this example?  Thanks for helping me out and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 4

Hi Pete,

Have you downloaded the asset chain asset from FAW? If so, you can "browser" the curve conveyor and open it to see the details.I have modified the model based on your original model.

Thanks,
-Xuesong
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report