Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chain Asset Mirrors Actual Orientation on Sync from AutoCAD to Inventor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
petestrycharske
648 Views, 7 Replies

Chain Asset Mirrors Actual Orientation on Sync from AutoCAD to Inventor

All,

I am still having some difficulty with the asset chains and cannot get them to go the proper direction.  When I create the asset chain in AutoCAD, I am now able to sync this to Inventor and it can turn either direction, but now I am finding that the 3D file is the opposite orientation than what is in the AutoCAD layout.  I am guessing this is something simple and silly that I haven't modeled correctly with the curved section and if someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it!  Thanks in advance for any assistance and have a most blessed day!

Regards,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello there,

is it possible that the asset was modeled with a different orientation to the zero axis

than the direction the landing surface defined when actually publishing the asset?

I sometimes encoutered a complete Z axis flip when using the chain asses on something

different than the factory floor and thought it might be because of this difference.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 8

Daniel,

That is an interesting thought, although it looked like the landing surface was set correctly and oriented properly.  However, just for kicks, I flipped the orientation to see what would happen, but it didn't look like it made any difference.  I have been studying the regular chain conveyors and I see that they were designed from the top down, meaning the sketch plane was higher and things extruded down towards the floor.  Am going to give this a try and see if that makes any difference.  Appreciate the suggestion and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 8

Hello Pete,

somehow reassuring that the landing surface axis orientation is considered, not

the orientation of the object when it was modelled. I would be glad if you could

give me an update if you manage to get to know th reason for this behaviour.

Good luck 🙂

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 5 of 8

Daniel,

My apologies, I have been bogged down on another project. However, I am hoping that by the end of the week or sometime early next week, to be able to take another look at this.  I will let you know what I find out.  Are you aware of any guides for creating these types of chain assets?  I haven't found one yet and think that is something that should be out there somewhere.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 6 of 8

Hello there 🙂

No Problem. I did not come across additional information on how to create them.

I used them to create conveyor lines, but due to the fact that min and max radius

are very "binary" when handling them I did not emplore any further.

As soon as I get some resource and background I will post it to this thread.

Kind regards and enjoy yourself 🙂

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 7 of 8
jostroopers
in reply to: Logos_Atum

I have a guide, i hope it helps.

I am trying to make a chain asset which have to go left and right but it's not working.

There is also a hotfix but that even dus not worked for me.

See my topic:http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Factory-Design-Suite/Chain-asset-in-and-out-corner/td-p/45235...

Mvg Jos
Youre drawings are as good as the symbols that compleet them.....
Message 8 of 8

Jos,

Thank you so much for the manual, it was very instructive.  I haven't taken the opportunity to take a look at your particular situation, but I believe mine has been resolved.  Turns out, all I had to do was to change the order of the Connectors in my Curved Segment.  Will do some more testing, but so far so good.  If I have an opportunity, I will try to take a look at your thread more, and see if there is anything that I can recommend.  Xuesong is pretty good though, so I am not sure if I will have any more to offer.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report