Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly assets - design workflow?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
pcrawley
531 Views, 2 Replies

Assembly assets - design workflow?

I'm looking for any examples of assets that are actually assemblies - any help much appreciated!

The reason for the question is that all the sample content is built from multi-body solids controlled with iLogic for feature suppression.  I'm looking to be able to place say a "conveyor" as a full assembly - but I still want the key parameters exposed that drive the shape.  Conventionally I'd do that with skeletal modelling, but that doesn't fit with the Factory-asset workflow because the the parameters are only exposed at the skeleton-part level, not at the assembly level.  I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental here - just not sure what it is!

Peter
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
XuesongBai
in reply to: pcrawley

you should transfer the parameters from the main assembly to the part or subassembly and then make the parameters as key parameter. Then only way is to use the ilogic rule to transfer the parameter.5-31-2011 10-24-53 AM.png

I also attached a sample assembly which has been defined in the factory design asset builder.

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3
pcrawley
in reply to: XuesongBai

Oh dear.  I was afraid it would be an "iLogic only" solution.  Fully understand the reason (logic?!) behind it too - shame it's the "only" way.  Thanks for the sample too, really appreciated.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report