Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d viewer for Factory Layouts

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nstalker
710 Views, 5 Replies

3d viewer for Factory Layouts

I am having success using the Factory Design Suite to generate 3d factory layouts.  My coworkers would love to be able to present these 3d layouts to our customers.  Is there a free 3d viewer that they can download so that they can open these inventor files and navigate around them on their computers?  I thought of converting the factory layout to a jt file or a solidoworks file so they can use the free Solidworks eDrawings viewer of Siemens' JT2Go but I was wondering if there was an Autodesk solution to the problem.

Does anyone else run into this?  How do you present your layouts to customers?  I realize I could make a navisworks movie but changes are so frequent I don't have time to render anything.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Logos_Atum
in reply to: nstalker

Hello there,

Inventor view for example or, if you consider exporting to

DWG format, you might consider DWG True view as an

option too I think

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Excellent suggestion!  I wasn't aware of Inventor viewer.  I assume I should make a pack and go as well to make sure all of the assets show up in their viewer, correct?

Message 4 of 6
XuesongBai

Hello there,

The suggestion is that you can import all 3D Inventor layout file into Navisworks and then export it as NWD file.Afterwards, you can show the 3D layout (NWD file)in free Navisworks freedom version which can be downloaded from http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-navisworks-family/autodesk-navisworks-freedom.

Futhermore, you can show the 3D layout (NWD file) in iPad by Autodesk BIM 360 Glue which is also free and can get it in App store.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 6
Logos_Atum

Sure, sounds like a good plan 🙂

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 6 of 6
RiccardoBuriani

Hi nStalker,

You can export your 3D layout to a .DWFx file directoly from Inventor and use Autodesk Design Review to open it--> 

dwfx.jpg

Now you can send that very light file to your customers.

Bye bye and best regards.

Riccardo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report