cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Beading" Option on all CID patterns

"Beading" Option on all CID patterns

Straight patterns have the beading option (#19) with the ability to declare "Yes" or "No"

I would like to see this option incorporated on all CID patterns.

Having this would eliminate additional materials or the use of odd gauges.

3 Comments
andy.robins
Alumni

Hi

Can you explain how and why you use additional materials and odd gauges so we can understand what you need this feaure for?

LanceTSM
Advocate

We are using a Custom Data Field to Flag items as either "B" for Beaded or "X" for Cross Broken or Blank for none to show on our Part labels for manufacturing.

So I agee a standard option on all CIDs that was available to print on labels would be usefull.

I can see some people using a custom material say "GAL CROSSBREAK" or "GAL BEAD" to differentiate but then these won't nest together.

jmarchiafava
Explorer

We also have a material set up for beading. Example we have Galv and Galv NB. This is used for fabricating purposed shown on the labels to let the guy making the fitting know to have/not have the bead on the duct. Some fittings might not require the extra step and the guys making the fittings need to know that. Adding it to all fittings would be a great idea but not in the options tab. It should be placed under the Items tab next to Material and Specs, etc. We have thought of creating a custom data field for it but would rather have it hard coded into the program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report