cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has the Cad Mode gone? for CAMduct

Where has the Cad Mode gone? for CAMduct

I have been onto Support for 2 years now to try to get this feature put back in and this is their response.

It was decided though that this was a design function and should only be available in EST and CAD.

Unfortunately I do not have any input into what features are available or are going to be available in the software.

The worst thing is that the 3D Viewer that replaced it sort of works so the feature is still there just don't work as good!!

How can we get them to change their minds on this matter?

5 Comments
TFuller1980
Advocate

This was a step backwards for our shop.

daveslist1000
Participant

I have just updated CAMDuct to 2014 SP2b and the CAD MODE still isn't there?

just this silly thing that makes you use Quick Takeoff? (3D Viewer)

When is Autodeck going to fix this so it works as good as it did in2012 versions?

Will I be using a 2012 version for the yest of my life?

LanceTSM
Advocate
 The lack of these tools that were previously available in "CAD MODE" are still a constant source of annoyance and severely restricts the way we use the program. We originally used this mode regularly and were very miffed when it was taken away and would dearly like to see it re-instated.

Quoted from earlier comments on Xtracad

Yes, what was "CAD Mode" is now "3D Viewer" and all CAD functions have been removed.
A great leap backwards which severely limits the programs capabilities!
This was one of the primary points of difference making CAMDuct the "Best of Breed".
Hopefully someone will see the error of their ways and reinstate these tools, as they are essential to the way many people use the program and the services they offer.:(

lsm-drafter
Contributor

This was a selling point for us when we bought into this product line. To be able to input small jobs directly through the cam interface was one of the ways we felt we could be more competitive. To force us to purchase cad or est just to input small jobs, only further inflates our overhead to the point that this product begins to loose some of it's luster....

Removing long standing features from a product is NOT an upgrade. Smiley Sad

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report