cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renumbering

Renumbering

We have mentioned it before at user group meetings. We (all users that attended) would like to more control and options on the Renumber command. If there are identical parts but have a slight difference such as one has a note or one is on a different service, these will renumber as separate items. There are times, such as in spooling, where we don't care about those differences and would like both items to have the same number. Once we brought this up, the command SHOWMETHEDIFFS was added, but that doesn't do anything to change it. We know the differences, and just want them renumbered accordingly.

7 Comments
nbaughman
Advocate
I completely agree. I have created a script to renumber the selected items, then it dumps everything into an array what only looks at the variables needed for fabrication. It assigns the same number to alike pieces (for decoiled straights). We like our fittings to have their unique number, regardless of similar traits.

This would be a great addition to the software! Would be one less script the detailers would have to run.

[outlooksig]
andy.robins
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

andy.robins
Alumni

We have added a new filter that allows you to Ignore certain data fields for the comparison.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/fabrication-products/features/fabrication-cadmep/all/gallery-view

andy.robins
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

ShawnieO
Participant

Andy, please add seismic to the list of ignores. If I renumber hangers on sloped pipe, the hanger can have identical rod length but will not renumber the same because of seismic restraints that are not even being used.

swheeler44
Community Visitor

When pipe is drawn with grade, the Angle of the fittings makes the renumber command give the same parts different numbers.  This makes a mess of the BOM table.  Please add the Angle of the part to the Ignore fields list

carr_steven
Contributor

Wish we could Upvote comments. I'm looking for the same thing as ShawnieO. We're trying to make pre-fab hangers number the same during spooling, but because of the seismic differences, even if they are the same type, length, etc., they do not. SHOWMETHEDIFFS comes back with front, back, left, right seismic rod lengths different so it throws off the numbering. Even if we set Seismic to NO, it still calculates out a rod length, which makes no sense since, if we set it to NO, it means we're not using it so those should all be blank, or zero.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report