cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need service clearance on equipment?

Do you need service clearance on equipment?

How useful would it be to be able to define a service space, clearance or access zone to equipment? Ensuring requirements for installation, commissioning, access and service are clearly understood.

8 Comments
cadbob
Advocate

This can be achieved 2 ways already within CadDuct.

1. Product List your equipment and add the Column for CAD Block.

2. Add a Hole and make it about 1/4" thick as the access area is required.

Any of these 2 ways is time consuming to setup. I usually just use a Autocad 3d Block on a Access Area Layer and that requires little time to accomplish and your off and running.

bparrell
Enthusiast

Do not forget about the connector block.Easiest in my eyes as it can be shut off for clashing

deisman
Contributor

We have been asked to show clearances down to the ceiling for all above ceiling equipment on a number of different projects now. Currently using a number of different CIDs to accomplish this and a script to adjust to the ceiling elevation. Also added a service type using a unique color so I can filter in AutoCAD and/or Navis based on type or color.

I am hoping for a Revit future where I can take advantage of the spaces and ceiling heights to automagically place these zones for me. 

tstright
Enthusiast

We have to show clearances on all equipment.

I use 3d solids to show mine.

andy.robins
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

nallred
Explorer

Please also consider the handle swing on valves

davidronson
Advocate

We use CADblocks as well. Although we have found that we can not snap to CADblocks. Unless we are missing a setting, this seems to be a major issue with CADblocks...they also do not develop into IFC. Personally, CADblocks are an acceptable solutions if the ability to snap to them were incorporated. 

Dave_Mangham
Enthusiast

So this has reared its head at our place now. Is anyone able to expand on the methods mentioned above & provide a workflow / methedology regarding CAD blocks or connectors. I have been asked to replicate what is available in Revit world so any guidance would be appreciated. Is there any support material / xtracad thread? Cheers Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report