Autodesk Fabrication Idea Station
Share your wish list items directly with the Autodesk Fabrication Product Development Team.
26 Kudos
steven.butler

Do you need service clearance on equipment?

by Employee steven.butler on ‎07-25-2013 05:40 AM

How useful would it be to be able to define a service space, clearance or access zone to equipment? Ensuring requirements for installation, commissioning, access and service are clearly understood.

Comments
by Active Contributor cadbob on ‎08-30-2013 04:36 AM

This can be achieved 2 ways already within CadDuct.

1. Product List your equipment and add the Column for CAD Block.

2. Add a Hole and make it about 1/4" thick as the access area is required.

Any of these 2 ways is time consuming to setup. I usually just use a Autocad 3d Block on a Access Area Layer and that requires little time to accomplish and your off and running.

by Contributor bparrell on ‎08-30-2013 09:53 AM

Do not forget about the connector block.Easiest in my eyes as it can be shut off for clashing

by deisman on ‎09-04-2013 11:16 AM

We have been asked to show clearances down to the ceiling for all above ceiling equipment on a number of different projects now. Currently using a number of different CIDs to accomplish this and a script to adjust to the ceiling elevation. Also added a service type using a unique color so I can filter in AutoCAD and/or Navis based on type or color.

I am hoping for a Revit future where I can take advantage of the spaces and ceiling heights to automagically place these zones for me. 

by Active Contributor tstright on ‎09-10-2013 11:09 AM

We have to show clearances on all equipment.

I use 3d solids to show mine.

by andy.robins on ‎02-28-2014 04:46 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by nallred on ‎03-17-2014 03:02 PM

Please also consider the handle swing on valves

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Labels