cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need additional export formats for Robotic Total Stations?

Do you need additional export formats for Robotic Total Stations?

Is there a specific format that you would like to see extracted for Hanger, Void and Sleeve positions via the "Export Points" command?

5 Comments
lsm-drafter
Contributor

It depends whether the current ".mep" and ".tfl" file formats cover all of the total station offerings out there. We are currently using the "Trimble MEP" solution from TSI that uses the proprietary ".mep" format. We used to get a ".txt" file that was a simple text file in x,y,z format. I would like to have the option to use other Total Station solutions, but I don't know what file format other Total Station offerings require.

tstright
Enthusiast

I use Trimble, Sokia and Topcon robotic stations.

Data should be able to export to all of them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TXT,CSV is a must.

Trimble coerced everyone into supporting the binary formats trying to lock out the competition. They've since changed their view of the market and are now no longer viewing as TXT/CSV as a threat.  Trimble's own GPS equipment doesn't take the *.MEP format rather a CSV/TXT.

I can only imagine Autodesk will push their newly aquired Get-The-Point solution (they guys that Trimble was trying to stop by eliminating the *.MEP) but I think that's a poor substitute for native file format support.

We're currently using Trimble's Point Creator specifically for conversion to/from the various formats.

andy.robins
Alumni

The PNEZD comma delimited text format is now available

Point Name, Northing(y), Easting(x), Elevation(z), Description

andy.robins
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea