Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Assemblies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gene.kuhns
622 Views, 4 Replies

Nested Assemblies

We need the ability to make nested assemblies (have an assembly within another assembly).

Estimating is all about speed and accuracy.  This has been a request for years.  Now that Autodesk is in the game, perhaps something can get done???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jvhbus
in reply to: gene.kuhns

I am not sure if this will be of any help, but you can create graphical templates for nested assemblies in the same manner as textual templates. The difference between graphical and textual templates is that in a graphical template you can display project and company information and graphics, such as table outlines, pictures, or symbols.

Best regards

jvhbus

Message 3 of 5
gene.kuhns
in reply to: jvhbus

Perhaps it is not clear what a "Nested Assembly" is. A Nested Assembly is an assembly within another assembly. For example, one may have an assembly for a Water Closet, one for a sink, and another for a Med Gas drop. One could then take off a Patient room, with the appropriate piping to these assembly points, and then also have these (3) assemblies "Inside" the "Mother Assembly" called Patient Room. Then, one could count up the patient rooms, take off the appropriate number of assemblies, & be done. We need this ability...to put one or more assemblies inside other assemblies...
Message 4 of 5

hi ; plz give me advice for putting my question in an appropriate category
since I couldn't find the relevant one
Message 5 of 5

Please see our how to faq on posting and the ground rules.

Hope this helps
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report