Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
steven_butler
501 Views, 4 Replies

Welcome!

Welcome to the Autodesk Fabrication CAMduct discussion group.

This forum is designed to help CAMduct users connect with each other and share feedback, tips, tricks and best practices. It will also connect you with the Autodesk Fabrication product team, who will be actively monitoring the site providing advice and guidance, and information on new product features and enhancements. We would also like to hear about your ideas and wishes, which you can now post to the new Autodesk Fabrication IdeaStation.

So, let’s start talking…

The Autodesk Fabrication Product Team

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CAD-One
in reply to: steven_butler

Is this a new autodesk software; CAMDuct?
C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 3 of 5
Mafu1267

I'm a new user to CAMduct, ESTmep etc & am looking to try my hand at learing some scripting, to hopefully make my life easier & automate some processes.

I enquired once before of our software support provider, only to be told they don't provide support for scripting.

Is there anyone that can assist in pointing me in the right direction with regards to reference materials websites etc where I can develop my scripting.

I'm also after some basic scripts for the listed processes, which I can have a look at & work/expand on, to gain a better understanding.

Script required:

• Copy files *.B3 to "A", *.L3 to "B", *.CL to "C" - where A, B & C are drives/directories
  • Replace connector type "W" with type "X"
  • Force or change item with connector type "Z" to 4-part (straight)

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
nbaughman
in reply to: Mafu1267

www.xtracad.com is a great forum for help with many things including scripting. The script folder within pmshared has a lot of sample scripts and documentation to get you started as well.
Message 5 of 5
nbaughman

If you read up on some visual basic material you should get a pretty good understand of how the language works. Scripting within camduct is very similiar. If you have any scripting questions feel free to shoot me an email and i will look at them on my free time. 

Thanks and Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report