Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Dongle for Old Profile Master Install?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3216 Views, 4 Replies

Replacement Dongle for Old Profile Master Install?

Hi all.  I'm trying to help my brother-in-law with an old install of Profile Master 2000 (PM-2000) CAM-Duct.  I believe AutoDesk acquired this product line some time ago though to be honest I'm not sure who the original manufacturer was.  The install is from 2004 and the HASP dongle is now broken (per guidance from the folks at SafeNet).  He only had one and I'm trying to get him back up and running since he can't cut sheet metal without access to this program.

Can anyone provide guidance on how to replace this dongle?  I have the original license keys (in text form) along with proof of purchase and the original dongle password.  This is not piracy, in other words; I can prove ownership.  I just can't do anything without a functioning dongle.  Any advice would be much-appreciated.

Thanks,

Damon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadbob
in reply to: Anonymous

Your locale Retailer should help you. If not contact Enceptia or ImagineIt they would be happy to help you.

Is the dongle a USB or Serial? Did you load the Drivers correctly?

They usually dont fail.

I don't believe you can do today's job with yesterday's methods and be in business tomorrow.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

My Company has been using Map CAMDUCT & CADMep+  and Trackit Since 2006 and have been paying yearly subscription for it. around 2012 give or take a year,  It was bought by autodesk and the first Autodesk Fabrication version 2013 cameout without the dongle.  All our 6 dongle license were upgraded to serial number based Autodesk product.  

Send me an email at rlayson" at " dvac.com.qa and I'll give you my contact via private communication.  These people have been with this product since MAP days for they might be able to help you out.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hello,

I may have the dongle for you.

It say's VIA Duct 432659 on the front with a sparke swose. It is for a parallel port. Rainbow brand, Sentonel Pro with ssome more numbers on the back. Pulled from a computer that was being recycled. Don't know if it works as I don't have the software or even know really what is for. It is in good shape. If you want it it your's for the shipping cost.

I'm only on this forum to try to help you so I'm not really sure that our messages will meet up. If too much time goes by before heraring from me maybe the web site  master can help us talk again.

Any questions ?

Thanks,
Greg

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Greg, and thanks for your reply.  The key we need is a USB dongle, but having said that we'll take anything we can get!  I could try a USB-to-parallel approach, for example.  I'll happily pay for shipping.  Could you give me an email address where I can send you my address, etc.?  You can also write to me at this address:  dtmiller1976@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Damon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report