Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 - 2014 Where has the CAD Mode gone

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
619 Views, 4 Replies

2013 - 2014 Where has the CAD Mode gone

I have been onto Support for 2 years now to try to get this feature put back in and this is their response.

It was decided though that this was a design function and should only be available in EST and CAD.

Unfortunately I do not have any input into what features are available or are going to be available in the software.

The worst thing is that the 3D Viewer that replaced it sort of works so the feature is still there just don't work as good!!

How can we get them to change their minds on this matter?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lsm-drafter
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

It was decided though that this was a design function and should only be available in EST and CAD.

Yeah, well, our decision to use this product was BASED on this functionality! Small jobs can be quickly entered through the previous CamDuct interface without resorting to Cad nor EST. To force small job input by either Cad, EST, or just individual item entry through the CAM interface has stripped our competitive edge from these smaller projects.

Gee... thanks.

Message 3 of 5
LanceTSM
in reply to: lsm-drafter

To quote from my post previously posted on Xtracad forum in Relation to this issue:

Total agreement here, workflow is severley affected by not having this functionallity in "CAD Mode" 
Hope many more users lodge complaints directly to Autodesk to get these features reinstated.
We got some back in "Quick Take Off" but really need the "CAD Mode" back to what it was before it became "3D Viewer"
http://www.xtracad.com/forum/index.php?topic=10711.15
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have just updated CAMDuct to 2014 SP2b and the CAD MODE still isn't there?

just this silly thing that makes you use Quick Takeoff? (3D Viewer)

When is Autodeck going to fix this so it works as good as it did in2012 versions?

Will I be using a 2012 version for the rest of my life?

Message 5 of 5
davedykes

You can put requests for changes into the Ideas Station for CAMduct, the developers do look at this and if a topic has more Kudos applied it stands a better chance of being integrated into the software.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Fabrication-Idea/idb-p/1220

Dave Dykes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report