Autodesk Fabrication CADmep
Join the Autodesk Fabrication CADmep community discussions to help share and receive technical product knowledge, insight, tips and tricks.

Autodesk Fabrication CADmep

Contributor
CcmsWhiting
Message 1 of 6 (586 Views)
Accepted Solution

Toggle Numbers and levels?

586 Views, 5 Replies
11-04-2013 12:01 PM

How would I adjust the size of the text for “Toggle numbers” and “Toggle Levels?”

Contributor
CcmsWhiting
Message 2 of 6 (576 Views)

Re: Toggle Numbers and levels?

11-05-2013 09:17 AM in reply to: CcmsWhiting

This is what I've been able to do but I dont know how.

mrjagsr
Message 3 of 6 (567 Views)

11-06-2013 08:10 AM in reply to: CcmsWhiting

Go to "Edit Main Database", click on "Take-off" and then on "CAD Settings"

Now you can pick the text style you are using on your drawing and control the text size.

I hope the attached screenshot helps.

I am new at this but this is one of the things I know how to fix. 

Contributor
CcmsWhiting
Message 4 of 6 (553 Views)

11-06-2013 08:32 AM in reply to: mrjagsr

That works! I also learned while I was waiting for someone to reply that you could insert a text size and it would adapt to that text size. I couldnt tell you why it does that but it did for me! The attached image is how I got to it.

Active Contributor
cam-nav
Message 5 of 6 (516 Views)

11-13-2013 10:07 AM in reply to: CcmsWhiting

The TEXTSIZE variable controls the text size but the style is controlled as stated by mrjagsr in the earlier post.

To further add to this, the only text that is not controlled by the Fabrication database Text Style is "Dimension" text (Lengths), the AutoCAD Dimstyle you have specified in the database is responsible for this text style/size.

lsm-drafter
Message 6 of 6 (501 Views)

11-15-2013 06:09 AM in reply to: CcmsWhiting

CcmsWhiting wrote:

I also learned that you could insert a text size and it would adapt to that text size. I couldnt tell you why it does that but it did for me!

When AutoCAD text is drawn, and a "textsize" is specified when the text is drawn, the "textsize" system variable is changed to the inputed value. ALL CadMEP text (NOT dimensions, i.e. lengths) is driven by this variable, so when it changes, all of the CadMEP text changes too (upon "regen"). You can draw more AutoCAD text and input your default text size and that will change the "textsize" variable yet again. Or.... you can just change the variable back by typing "textsize" (without the quotes) at the command line and input your default value. Regen will reset the CadMEP text to the correct size. This was quite a surprise the first time it happened before we learned of the dependancy upon the "textsize" system variable.

I believe this behavior may be overridden when the text style used has specified height other than zero. Can't say for sure, I've never tried setting up our CadDuct text style to anything other than zero.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community