Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Definition problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jmerch
444 Views, 1 Reply

Section Definition problem

When you cut a section, most of the time several pipes on the plan side (UCS set to World and in Top view) and sometimes the sections side act like they are “ghost” pipes so you cannot snap to them or even select the pipe. You have to do a rebuild all for them to be editable again. You can see the pipe but you cannot do anything with it until the rebuild. We did find that if we delete the piping in the section and then hit undo then the ghost pipe can be worked on. Also, if we do a section, modify some things, then go back to LASTVIEW (which in this case would be plan view), some pipes do the same thing, can't select them.  They are random pipes that do this.  But you can select them in the ISO view.

I reported this to Autodesk (MAP) and they said this was a known quirk and to use 3 point UCS in the section, however that doesn't explain the pipes being un-selectable in the plan view after you get out of the section.  They can't duplicate it on their end.  It has only done this to us in 2014 and on random files.  Can't be duplicated on command.

So has anyone else ever come across this?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cadbob
in reply to: jmerch

I run into same issue using LASTVIEW, so I use Restore Plan. I remember it doing it as far back as 2010 Version's.

I don't believe you can do today's job with yesterday's methods and be in business tomorrow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report