Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIS Folder

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
rcole
1490 Views, 17 Replies

MIS Folder

It appears that everytime I run a report in Fabrication the database seems to duplicate the 'CADmep' folder inside MIS folder in my networked database, copying all files in the folder. Please see Attached image. 

This is obviously causing the database to grow in side on a daily basis. I can manually delete the folders but I would prefer it if just didn't do that?!

Can anyone help?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
rptjr
in reply to: rcole

Chech the path of reports in the config editor.

Message 3 of 18
rcole
in reply to: rptjr

Thanks for the reply but can you be more specfic about 'Config Editor' please?

Message 4 of 18
rptjr

\Program Files\Autodesk\Fabrication 20XX\CADmep\editmap.exe

Open that exe and click on the configuration you are using then click OK. On the program paths tab check to see that reports are pointing to the MIS folder. Sounds like yours might be pathed to MIS\CADmep instead.

Message 5 of 18
rcole
in reply to: rptjr

Checked but it is set up to just MIS folder as per attached image

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

CADmep autyomatically adds the "CADmep" folder under whereever your configuration specifices.  However, it's only been that way since 2013.  Prior to that, you us to tell it explicitly where to go.

Couple possibilities (guesss really).

1) Someone has a different MAP.INI file (that's where the configuration editor points to). They might remember the "old" way, and point it directly TO the CADmep folder. Next time they start, it's adding another...they change it again, and it creates another...they keep chasing an ever increasing folder.

2) Someone's running the migration utility on the DB repeatedly....this would take the reports from the explicit folder specified in MAP.INI and move them to CADmep. IF they run it again, maybe it keeps moving them to another "sub-folder".

Guesses really as this is not the behavious anyone typically sees...it's not supposed to work like what you're seeing.  Your config appears correct but you'll want to check other users.

Message 7 of 18
cam-nav
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm pretty sure this is hard-coded into the program because I have:

MIS >

CADmep

CAMduct

FABreview

These are all folders in my configuration, this keeps the reports separated. If you can live with it, great. If not, I don't know what to say except "happy deleting" EVERY time.

Message 8 of 18
SEScad
in reply to: cam-nav

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. But looks like I'm going to be deleting folders for the rest of my life 😞

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

CAM_NAV,

Loot at the path on the top of his screen cap. It's not just the single CADmep folder under MIS, it's there nested repeatedly several levels deep.  Something else is happening on his system.

Message 10 of 18
cam-nav

Darren,

Sure looks like it. I had a similar issue. It would be nice to see the MAP.ini to see if the folder is redundant. This might be the case for the repeating layers of directories.

Only one layer as I have above should show up although I did have 2 layers worth of folders at one time until I realized that the program was creating the application specific folders for me.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

SEScad,

When the folders are created, are you having to manually copy all the reports to them?  Or is the next folder created and it's empty except for perhaps one or tw oreports that you happen to be creating?

While the program DOES create the application specific folder inder the configured REPORTS location in MAP.INI, it will NOT copy/move your existing reports into there. The migration utility is the only thing tyhat I know that will do that.  Can you chech the "owner" of the folder? One of your IT guys should be able to show you how or do it for you. This might point you to a specific user with an errant configuration or who's doing something to cause the issue.

Message 12 of 18
rcole

It duplicates the whole CADMEP folder with a copy of all the reports in it. 

It still only uses the highest level folder report template files. I am the owner of all the duplicate folders, Everyone on the network has read/write access to the directory. So it seems as though it is when I run the reports and no one else???

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

Have you watched the folder to see exactly when it gets created?

When CADmep is launched?  Once you select your configuration? Once you log in to CADmep? When you call the report builder? When you Exit the report builder? When you exit AutoCAD/CADmep?

Message 14 of 18
davidronson

Its creating new folders only or its also making copies of your reports and putting them in the new folders? If it is also making copies of the files in the folders then there is more going on here than just the cadmep generating files. 

When did it start? Have you always been pathed to this H drive?

davidronson
in reply to: davidronson

You might try making a copy of one of your users local files in the Public Documents and replace your files with his. 

rcole
in reply to: davidronson

Found something else out regarding this issue gents:

In the edit configuration options it is set up with the path H:/Apps/Fabrication Database/MIS

but in 'appinfo' the file path is H:/Apps/Fabrication Database/MIS/CADmep

Does anyone no how to remove the CADmep from the 'Appinfo'??

See attached files for reference

Message 17 of 18
cam-nav

That is the part where it is hard-coded into the program, there is no way to remove this without the programmers doing so.

If you have different software (CAMduct or ESTmep) on your machine this keeps the reports separated.

Message 18 of 18
rcole

I thought so. Nevermind, i'll just have to keep deleting the folders. No biggy

Thanks for your help guys

RC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report