Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two line room tag

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pcaruthers
152 Views, 2 Replies

two line room tag

It's been a popular subject but I just can't seem to make it work on the schedule end. I've attached a BLOCK OUT tag, space, and schedule. Any help is a good thing.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pcaruthers

Look closely at the suggested formula in http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1054918

Your formula has two backslashes in each match string, the sample only has one. The double backslash you enter in the property collapses when read into ADT.

One thing missing from both the suggested forrmula and your formula is that rmoving the "\P" code leaves words in adjacent lines butted together - unless you type in a space, which should throw off the centering of the text. Try the following:

ScheduleName = "[Name]"
ScheduleName = Replace (ScheduleName, "\mt", "")
ScheduleName = Replace (ScheduleName, "\P", " ")
RESULT = ScheduleName

and note that the second replace has a space between the quotation marks. I suppose you are manually editing the position of the attribute for those room names that have multiple lines. The attached ZIP file has a revised version of your file with the working formula.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 3 of 3
pcaruthers
in reply to: pcaruthers

You Rock!
Thank you very much. I saw the difference in the 2 equations.......I thought the dropped back slash in the second was an error......guess that's what I get for thinking..

Again thanks

Paul Caruthers
Graham Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report