Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
179 Views, 3 Replies

object enabler

I am trying to install an object enabler on ADT 3.3 (mep3oe.msi, the one that allows ADT 3.3 users to see building mechanical desktop objects) but it is telling me that previous versions have been detected so it cancels the installation. I can't find any other enablers. There was a previous attempt to install the enabler and service pack by someone else, they had trouble getting the pc to work afterward so they uninstalled everything and took the pc back a few days to previous settings(WINDOWS XP)so it would work properly again. I can not find any other enablers on the pc. How do I find it or get around this conflict? Thanks, Jason.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having the same problem except on a Windows 2000 PC. I dont't think it's
an XP thing. As of yet no solution. Do you have the Service Pack 2 installed
for 3.3?

"jasonfischer" wrote in message
news:f1714ee.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
I am trying to install an object enabler on ADT 3.3 (mep3oe.msi, the one
that allows ADT 3.3 users to see building mechanical desktop objects) but it
is telling me that previous versions have been detected so it cancels the
installation. I can't find any other enablers. There was a previous attempt
to install the enabler and service pack by someone else, they had trouble
getting the pc to work afterward so they uninstalled everything and took the
pc back a few days to previous settings(WINDOWS XP)so it would work properly
again. I can not find any other enablers on the pc. How do I find it or get
around this conflict? Thanks, Jason.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Yes I have the service pack installed. I still can not get it to work properly. I even went into the common files folder under program files and went to the autodesk shared folder and moved all of those files out. It then let me install the enabler, and I put the common files back in. But when I opened an electrical drawing I still could not see the building systems objects. I have windows 2000 on my machine and was able to put in the service pack and enabler with no problems and I can see and manipulate the electrical objects with no problems. We also have other xp machines that have had no problems. I am stumped. This persons machine is new and has no other specific programs different from me or anyone else in the company. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks, Jason.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

OK, I completely uninstalled CAD from the troubled machine and then reinstalled adt3.3 and put on the service pack 2, and then the enabler (mep30e.msi) without any problems. When I opened the Building System electrical drawing I could see the electrical objects but I could not manipulate them. This is better but still not right. I have since installed the same enabler and service pack on other machines and I can see and manipulate the electrical objecs on those computers. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions will be much appreciated, Jason.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report