Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eTransmit won't create zip files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
davebr549
1371 Views, 4 Replies

eTransmit won't create zip files

I can create regular dwg files with etransmit, but it won't create a .zip or .exe file. It worked about a month ago but not anymore. I know I installed DWG Trueview 2014 recently, but I don't know if this would have anything to do with this not.

Although the command line tells me that the file was created like it has in the past- in reality- it didn't create it at all. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it??

Autocad Architecture 2012

Win 7 64-bit

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: davebr549

I was going to suggest that installing 2014 products, and the .NET 4.5 that comes with them, might have broken etransmit in earlier versions, but I was able to get a ZIP file from etransmit in ACA 2010 on a computer that has ACA 2014.  I do not have access to an installed copy of ACA 2012 to see if that makes a difference, but I am doubting that my original suggestion is the problem.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
davebr549
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks for the reply and looking for a solution. I've been searching and saw suggestions of replacing an older version of dzip32.dll and the dunzip32.dll with a newer one. But all the ones I have on this machine are from 2004 , so nothing has really changed. I also have Architecture 2008 installed on the same machine and it works just fine inside that program. But I really don't want to have to start switching programs all the time to transmit files either. Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 5
davebr549

This problem is becoming a real pain. Anyone else have a suggestion on how to correct it?

Message 5 of 5
pendean

If it worked once, something broke it: Windows System Restore back to a month or year it all worked would be the first thing to try.

A reinstall of ACA2012 would be the second thing to try (answer yes to replace everything)

A proper removal of ALL Autodesk products (Autodesk has posted recommendations), restart of Windows, and reinstall of ACA 2012 would be the third thing to try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report