Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing boggs down

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
145 Views, 5 Replies

drawing boggs down

This has happened before but does not happen very often. I am working along just fine. I switch to PS and start manipulating viewports and as son as I reach through one to move, a string of text for example, the drawing starts to bogg down. When I go back into model space and invoke the move command, I wait several seconds for it to start, then after selecting an object I wait even more, etc... etc... I have W blocked out objects, recovered the drawing , started a new drawing and inserted my objects etc... As soon as I reach through a viewport, ZAP, it happens again. ANY suggestions??? Thanks Michael
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It is really horrible when I am trying to select with a window. "Michael" wrote in message news:4159ad17$1_2@newsprd01... > This has happened before but does not happen very often. > I am working along just fine. > I switch to PS and start manipulating viewports and as son as I reach > through one to move, a string of text for example, the drawing starts to > bogg down. > When I go back into model space and invoke the move command, I wait several > seconds for it to start, then after selecting an object I wait even more, > etc... etc... > I have W blocked out objects, recovered the drawing , started a new drawing > and inserted my objects etc... > As soon as I reach through a viewport, ZAP, it happens again. > > ANY suggestions??? > > Thanks > Michael > >
Message 3 of 6
catapult enzo

I know your pain!!!! I have been eliminating or temporarily changing my true type fonts to .shx. there are a few decent ones out there. It's probably not the only answer, but it may help.
Message 4 of 6
a.c.childress

That's not a window that's a time warp. You only think you are slowing down. Well, I really don't have an answer or a fix for your but I have noticed the same thing only with certain drawings that at one time had been drawn using the dreaded associative hatch. Either properly or improperly.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

The time warp is a good theory. To bad it slows down time opposed to speeding it up. I fixed the drawing by using the "flatten" routine. I figured, what could I lose? I selected the entire drawing and waited for the routine to run and the issue was gone. go figure. anyway, after a couple of hours of playing with a corrupt drawing, I got it fixed and out the door. Michael "a.c.childress" wrote in message news:2427673.1096482085208.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > That's not a window that's a time warp. You only think you are slowing down. Well, I really don't have an answer or a fix for your but I have noticed the same thing only with certain drawings that at one time had been drawn using the dreaded associative hatch. Either properly or improperly.
Message 6 of 6
catapult enzo

Hmmm.... Flatten, that's great it worked! Had no idea that could solve a problem like you described. I'll have to give it a try next time I get a cranky file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report