Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database between excel and autocad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
erik3001
156 Views, 2 Replies

database between excel and autocad

Any tutorials that would explain how to create a database using dbconnect?
I have blocks that I want to connect with this database then to export the information into excel.
How would I do that?

tx

Erik
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Turnbull2000
in reply to: erik3001

Erik,

I've never had the chance to fully explore AutoCAD dbconnect and the potential (if any) to create links with Excel sheets. What I have seen though seems pretty limited. Have you tried posting in the 'connectivity' newsgroup?

However, I do know of a program called Excellink 2000. I used the trial version recently whilst exploring database connectivity. It seemed to export attribute and block data to Excel sheets quite well.

Take a look at http://www.cadstudio.cz/excellink.htm

Unfortunately, our drawing information is stored within ADT property sets. Moving from one information type to another would be too labour intensive considering the sheer number of DWG files in our system.

We’re currently settled on a modified version of Peter Funk's 'ADT to Access' VBA script – although a lot of customisation is still required.

Good luck,

Paul Turnbull

Neighbourhood Services
South Tyneside Council
South Shields
United Kingdom
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: erik3001

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report