Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beta installation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jasper-Architect
133 Views, 4 Replies

beta installation

Now I probably am not the sharpest tack in the box, but I am having some problems. I downloaded the 11 packets, it consists of two zip files and 9 other files. I tried unzipping both files, one gives an error in winzip and the other asks for the first packet. Thinking we had a bad download, we downloaded the file again and the error persists. Since I am just installing this on the 15th, is the preview beta out of date or am I really doing something stupid. Let me know, I can take the bad news if need be.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I had the same problem. Part of it was due to a dodgy download (I think), but it also due to the way the zip file opens up in WinZip. Do you have the latest version of WinZip?

If you do then read therein about spanning etc and particularly about being able to specify the file size the split-component files that would be creates, which is what Autodesk have done.

Not sure why you end up with 2 zip files, though I did myself, as it is only supposed to be the last file is zipped, as this contains the information to unzip properly.
Message 3 of 5

I had the same problem. I had the two zip files and then the other 9 files starting with "adtb3.z02" One of my zip files was called adtb3.z01.zip. I believe what I did was delete the ".zip" portion of its name so that is was just "adtb3.z01. Then when I asked Wizip to unzip, it correctly found the sequence of files to open. Good luck

Greg Bishop
Message 4 of 5

Thanks Greg, that appears to get me going. It seems so simple now. Our Network Guy (Bosses Son) couldn't figure it out. This makes that long download seem a bit better.

Have a great one.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jasper-Architect

I believe the beta has expired, but I'm not sure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report