Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does my architect need to design our add-on bathroom and roof deck?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1185 Views, 2 Replies

What does my architect need to design our add-on bathroom and roof deck?

Hello,

I'm shopping for an architect to design a ground-floor addition to the rear of our house with a roof deck above it in Albany, CA.  I need my architect to produce the exterior drawings needed to get the design approved by the City of Albany.  Then, I need them to produced detailed construction documents for the building permit.  I will be the general contractor, hire out the electrical, plumbing and foundation and do the rest of the work myself.  I'm looking for exact, detailed construction drawings.  

We had a complete site plan done in AutoCAD back in 1998 and would like to input these files as a baseline to minimize the planning effort.

What should I insist that my architect have for AutoCAD software so that he can create these plans and reuse my old AutoCAD files?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Any version of AutoCAD, from the one used to produce your site drawings or newer, should be able to open and use those files as a starting point.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

THANK YOU, DAVID!

And thank you AutoDesk for making AutoCAD backward compatible to 1998.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report