Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U shape stair (from Hell)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
glporras
350 Views, 5 Replies

U shape stair (from Hell)

Hello to all, I've lost my marbles with this one, need it to make a 'U' shape stair, (see attached drawing) and to no avail. Looked in the NG with really no good results. I'm hoping one of you good Samaritan can lend me a hand or point to the correct place to do this.
As always, any help is very much appreciated.
ADT2005
George
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: glporras

create u shape stair
create pline of outside shape you want(all the way around outside edge
select stair>right click>pick customize edge and pick project
pick outside edge of stair and then pick pline

wrote in message news:6033650@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello to all, I've lost my marbles with this one, need it to make a 'U'
shape stair, (see attached drawing) and to no avail. Looked in the NG with
really no good results. I'm hoping one of you good Samaritan can lend me a
hand or point to the correct place to do this.
As always, any help is very much appreciated.
ADT2005
George
Message 3 of 6
glporras

Hi Dustin, I thank you for the response, I failed to mentioned that what I was really looking for is the number of risers / treads as shonw on the 2D drawings, I also failed to mentioned the floor to flor height of 14'-0" (= 25 risers) in my case. I think I knew the pline shape and stair edges?? but is always refreshing to be reminded of these little tips.
Message 4 of 6
toan76

Use multi-landing stair. Attached is an ugly one to get the idea across. Since you mentioned you knew how to adjust pline shape and stair edges so it's no big deal to get it to look exactly how you want.
Message 5 of 6
glporras

Hey Toan, did you make that with version 2005 or 2008?, I've been plying with this today with 2005 and I'm having a time to get it to work, I find it difficult to place the risers in thr right location as far as being in the center of the middle stair flight, all the streching and editting I find it difficult for my taste, maybe I need lots of practice with stairs.
George
Message 6 of 6
toan76

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report