Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow pan and zoom

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Chris Holmes
194 Views, 4 Replies

Slow pan and zoom

I am wondering if anybody else has this issue, and if it's a known isuue. When working in floating model space, pan and zoom are extremely slow and delayed. I'm talking a good 5 seconds for the screen to move when I zoom or pan. For example, I roll the wheel to zoom in a bit, and about 5 seconds later it jumps a bit, and then a few more seconds it's at the final zoom. Pan is the same. I have no issues in paper or model space alone, just in a locked viewport. Also, getting into and out of the viewport is quite delayed.

Does anyone else experience this? I have one other user experiencing the same thing (we are the only two with it installed so far)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Chris Holmes

what are your system spec. processor, ram and video card?

wrote in message news:4974767@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am wondering if anybody else has this issue, and if it's a known isuue.
When working in floating model space, pan and zoom are extremely slow and
delayed. I'm talking a good 5 seconds for the screen to move when I zoom or
pan. For example, I roll the wheel to zoom in a bit, and about 5 seconds
later it jumps a bit, and then a few more seconds it's at the final zoom.
Pan is the same. I have no issues in paper or model space alone, just in a
locked viewport. Also, getting into and out of the viewport is quite
delayed.

Does anyone else experience this? I have one other user experiencing the
same thing (we are the only two with it installed so far)
Message 3 of 5
Chris Holmes

Pentium 4, 2.4G
1G ram
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200

I didn't have this problem with 04, or 05. I also didn't have it a week ago when I had a local install. It started occurring after I uninstalled, and performed the installation from the network deployment.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Upgrade your video card driver if that does not work then submit it to your reseller or autodesk subscription requests.
Message 5 of 5
Chris Holmes

Strangely enough it has gone away.
I also started getting a sudden crash when I tried to use 3d orbit or any of the shade commands - ADT would simply dissapear with no warning. That happened all day, and it too stopped and is back to normal.

By the way, I'm assuming this is TStuart from Avatech, if so, then wave! If you look out the window I'll show you what it's doing! LOL

Thanks!
Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report