Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server 2003 Upgrade

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
125 Views, 2 Replies

Server 2003 Upgrade

About 6 months ago we upgraded our hardware from an old Compaq W2k server to a brand new Compaq server with Windows 2003 using a 39 user network license version for Autocad Archictectural Desktop 3.3 sp2. We moved all the end user licenses by a registry entry that pointed to the new license server. Since the upgrade we have had nothing but read only issues.

The error reads...
Unable to save to drawing *.dwg as it is being accessed by another session. Drawing saved to *.ac$

Most of the time all a user will have to do is a save as to fix this problem. I've looked on the server and sometimes someone else has accessed the file while someone was in it and created a read only for the person who originally was working on the drawing.

I have been on talking to Microsoft for a few months now and they have done everything they know about read onlys. They pointed me to Autodesk for some answers. Has anyone else had this problem. I've read messages about read only's but they were posted a while back.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

http://discussion.autodesk.com, click on the AutoCAD link, there you will find a Networking discussion area you might want to ask as well. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

My firm has upgraded a Dell server to Windows Server 2003 recently in one of our East Coast offices. Ever since this upgrade the users in this office (all running ADT5, SP1) have been experiencing file save problems.

The problem presents itself randomly when the user attempts a QSave while in session. The message is the same as that reported in MSvehlik's post. The users report that after some time has elasped (4 or 5 minutes) they will be able to save the file. The problem has never come up when the user is closing down ADT or closing a file with a Save.

I have watched Open Files in Server Management and can confirm that no other person is accessing the file that will not save.

MicroSoft indicates this is an Autodesk problem.

Dan Darling

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report