Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
marksman007
640 Views, 4 Replies

Scale not Set

Every time I open a drawing I get the following error.

AutoCAD Message:
No scale has been set. Please type SCL at the command prompt to set scale.

I go into the drawing setup and set the scale and save it as the default. But I keep getting the error message.

HELP!

Thanks,
Gary
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lrizzolo
in reply to: marksman007

Try saving as your drawing template file '*.dwt'
Message 3 of 5
Nucleolus
in reply to: lrizzolo

"Try saving as your drawing template file '*.dwt' "

This does not work. Still getting the error everytime I open the .dwg or the .dwt:

"AutoCAD Message:
No scale has been set. Please type SCL at the command prompt to set scale."

Any other ideas? Anyone...Bueller...Bueller...

Message 4 of 5
Swagnificent
in reply to: Nucleolus

What happens if you type DWGSCALE, select your scale, then check the box at the bottom that says 'Save As Default'??
Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: marksman007

Have you tried typing SCL at the Command: prompt? What happens then?

What version of AutoCAD Architecture are you using? Do you have any third-party add-ons installed? "SCL" is not a command for me in AutoCAD Architecture 2014, and I do not recall it being one in previous versions. Perhaps you have some third-party add-on installed that has its own method of setting/saving a drawing scale. This was quite common before AutoCAD Architecture and then AutoCAD itself added a drawing scale; we used to use the USERR3 system variable to set/save a drawing scale factor for use in our custom LISP routines, although we did not have a reactor program that would prompt you to set a scale if you opened a drawing in which USERR3 was set to 0.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report