Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
201 Views, 5 Replies

Purging Layers

I have to submit a project to the state and they are specific about layer naming. I have to convert my ADT2004 drawings to vanilla AutoCAD 2002 drawings. Two things -- how can I get rid of ADT specific layers that are not used like A-Sect-Mcut and -- there are a bunch of layers after using AEC explode that have nothing on but do not purge. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Annette
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Annette
Well only (easiest) way to remove layers is the purge command.This will remove layers that are not used or have nothing on them.
Now your 2nd problem, I'm guessing that there is somthing still left on those layers, maybe not that you can see ( I call them "GHOSTS"), erased blocks and what not. Solution to this would be to purge all and check off the boxed that says "Purge nested blocks" and then purge. That should be the answer to your problem.

John Kinney
Woodbrier Assoc.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Layers in nested blocks or layer names referred to in style definitions (doors, walls, etc.) cannot be purged until the blocks are purged the styles purged through the style manager (and styles that are used that are used in the drawing have definitions changed to not refer to unwanted layers) etc. As an example if in a composite wall with brick and block placed on layer a-wall if in the wall style definition for one only display type you have the brick called out to be on a brick layer and the block on a block layer you cannot purge these two layers without redefining the style first. A lot of what you're have problems with may be somewhere in the style definitions or in one of the obscure displays in that style or in a material definition assigned to a component in a style or.... It can get ugly trying to figure out where to look to purge all these things. It's not just a simple purge to get rid of all these things. So maybe you have nested blocks or similar items created when your drawing is converted. "Annette@SLaM" wrote in message news:41810126$1_3@newsprd01... > I have to submit a project to the state and they are specific about layer > naming. I have to convert my ADT2004 drawings to vanilla AutoCAD 2002 > drawings. Two things -- how can I get rid of ADT specific layers that are > not used like A-Sect-Mcut and -- there are a bunch of layers after using AEC > explode that have nothing on but do not purge. Any ideas would be greatly > appreciated. > > Annette > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

LAYDEL command if you remembered to install Express Tools. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Can groups of layers be deleted at one time or is it limited to one at a time? Ron Dean Saadallah wrote: >LAYDEL command if you remembered to install Express Tools. > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

You can select or type as many as you want. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report