Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Arch Desktop Blocks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
150 Views, 3 Replies

Plotting Arch Desktop Blocks

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the lineweights of blocks such as toilets, sinks, stoves, trees, etc.?
No matter what layer or color assignment they have they always plot out as if they are on layer 0...which of course I inserted them....if anyone can help wth this I am greatly appreciative
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

the blocks (i assume you mean mvblocks) where created on layer 0 with color, linetype, lineweight, etc. set to byBlock so that they'll take on the charteristics of whatever layer they're placed on. they should really be placed on a layer other than 0. xrefs are okay on 0 as are blocks that are made up of elements on specific layers but usually you'll want to put objects onto another logical layer (A-Fixt for plumbing for example). the layer key system will help with this...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

ok...so instead of inserting the object with "0" as my current layer, I should make "p-fixt" (the layer I want the object on)the current layer before inserting any AEC blocks...? I will try it
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

No, that would be a waste of time. You don't need
to browse for the proper layer before you insert a block. Go to Desktop >
Drawing Setup > Layering tab ; select a layer standard and save as default.
Now, insert anything from Design Center; all objects will be inserted in their
assigned layer.

Alfredo Medina

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
ok...so
instead of inserting the object with "0" as my current layer, I should make
"p-fixt" (the layer I want the object on)the current layer before inserting
any AEC blocks...? I will try it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report