Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
djharris
146 Views, 2 Replies

Paper Space

I have a small enough project that I am able to fit four plans (floor, rcp, dimension & roof plans) on a 30x42 sheet. I want to change the colors of walls, doors, etc.. on dimen. & rcp plans. Is there a way to manipulate the layer colors in specific viewports and not affect the other vp's?
I can freeze layers in specific vp's and not affect the other vp's, why not layer colors?
In model space I can attach the plan four times, renaming it each time and moving it into position on the sheet, and change the layer colors without affecting the other plans.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: djharris

no way that I know. You are going to need multiple layers and duplicate objects for each viewport. Or you can use a separate drawing for your primary model, and then xref it into the drawing with the layouts. Then in each viewport you would freeze the unwanted xrefs...and then in each viewport change the color of the objects you want that are in that xref. Make sure that your Options do not limit you to keeping the layer properties as originally brought in by the xref. It sounds like you are using ADT 2005 without using all of its features. Wouldn't ADT normally allow you to plot a floor plan and a rcp plan on the same sheet? Using Views and Sheets might help you too. Jack Talsky "djharris" wrote in message news:33308963.1111703968027.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I have a small enough project that I am able to fit four plans (floor, rcp, >dimension & roof plans) on a 30x42 sheet. I want to change the colors of walls, >doors, etc.. on dimen. & rcp plans. Is there a way to manipulate the layer colors >in specific viewports and not affect the other vp's? > I can freeze layers in specific vp's and not affect the other vp's, why not layer > colors? > In model space I can attach the plan four times, renaming it each time and moving > it into position on the sheet, and change the layer colors without affecting the > other plans.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: djharris

Different Display Configurations would do what you want. Display Configurations can be assigned to the individual viewports. -- Charlie Busa "djharris" wrote in message news:33308963.1111703968027.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have a small enough project that I am able to fit four plans (floor, rcp, dimension & roof plans) on a 30x42 sheet. I want to change the colors of walls, doors, etc.. on dimen. & rcp plans. Is there a way to manipulate the layer colors in specific viewports and not affect the other vp's? > I can freeze layers in specific vp's and not affect the other vp's, why not layer colors? > In model space I can attach the plan four times, renaming it each time and moving it into position on the sheet, and change the layer colors without affecting the other plans.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report