Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh, such a basic (layers) question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
116 Views, 2 Replies

Oh, such a basic (layers) question

I've spent time with 3.0 and 3.3 but am just getting acquainted with 4.0. I'm working through Mr Aubin's book, have done the first part of the residential tutorial and made a copy of the first floor to work on as the second floor. When I draw walls on this second floor drawing, they come in on layer 0, not layer A-WALL. I vaguely remember a Drawing Setup item in 3.3 that you had to change from "current layer" to the AIA scheme, but I can't find it now... can anyone help?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

At the bottom left, just above the command window is a small arrow with a circle around it, click that-go to the Layering tab and select the desired layer key style-this should look familiar to you. There are a few other functions on that arrow that you might want to familiarize yourself with. good luck "Dana Jones" wrote in message news:40572655$1_1@newsprd01... > I've spent time with 3.0 and 3.3 but am just getting acquainted with 4.0. > > I'm working through Mr Aubin's book, have done the first part of the > residential tutorial and made a copy of the first floor to work on as the > second floor. > > When I draw walls on this second floor drawing, they come in on layer 0, not > layer A-WALL. > > I vaguely remember a Drawing Setup item in 3.3 that you had to change from > "current layer" to the AIA scheme, but I can't find it now... can anyone > help? > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, that was strange. I checked & double-checked. The Layer Key Style was set to AIA 256 color *current drawing but the walls kept coming in on Layer 0. (The "current layer" thing I remembered from 3.3 is in the same drop-down.) Just to make sure they were coming in on "current layer", I changed to a different layer and drew some walls, These walls came in on the A-WALL layer. So I changed back to Layer 0, drew some more walls... and they STILL came in on the A-WALL layer. So I guess it's fixed now. Whatever it was! "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message news:40577a56_1@newsprd01... > At the bottom left, just above the command window is a small arrow with a > circle around it, click that-go to the Layering tab and select the desired > layer key style-this should look familiar to you. > > There are a few other functions on that arrow that you might want to > familiarize yourself with. > > good luck > > > > > "Dana Jones" wrote in message > news:40572655$1_1@newsprd01... > > I've spent time with 3.0 and 3.3 but am just getting acquainted with 4.0. > > > > I'm working through Mr Aubin's book, have done the first part of the > > residential tutorial and made a copy of the first floor to work on as the > > second floor. > > > > When I draw walls on this second floor drawing, they come in on layer 0, > not > > layer A-WALL. > > > > I vaguely remember a Drawing Setup item in 3.3 that you had to change from > > "current layer" to the AIA scheme, but I can't find it now... can anyone > > help? > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report