Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Enabler for 2005 from 2007?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ccorriea
157 Views, 5 Replies

Object Enabler for 2005 from 2007?

Does anyone know where I can find an Object enabler for opening ADT 2007 DWGs with ADT 2005? There is no option in the drop downs for ADT2007 on teh Object enabler download page here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=2753223&linkID=2475712

Any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ccorriea

There is not one.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006 & 2007 at home
Message 3 of 6
ccorriea

Thanks David.

My employer has multiple versions of ADT in use and if we open ADT 2007 dwgs in 2005 we get a lot of ARX errors. I am not sure if I can just unload the arx apps that are not being supported in 2005 to eliminate the problem of the ARX errors.

I'm trying to get my company to just move everyone to 2007, but until then I am trying to find a solution.

Thanks again for the reply.

-Coty
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

ccorriea wrote:

> I'm trying to get my company to just move everyone to 2007, but until then I am trying to find a solution.

The only solution will be to move everyone to 2007, if that helps
convince the higher-ups...

--
Brian Winterscheidt
LWPB Architecture
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Message 5 of 6
GRTCAD

I also posted this problem. I don't have the ability to run ADT 07 at home, so that takes out some of my overtime. I also have to send & receive dwgs with subs that just can't afford to upgrade when we do. As I posted before, "...I never would have upgraded until I had to open an '07 dwg received." ...and once a dwg on the server is upgraded to '07, it's incompatible with '06, '05, & '04. Readers note this, and try a sample dwg as soon as you upgrade. You may want to wait to upgrade after all. I'm waiting (on my subs behalf) for the enablers.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I can not say what Autodesk may choose to do in the future, but if the past is any guide, you will wait until your subs upgrade to 2007, if you need to exchange ADT objects. All of the ADT object enabler's released to date - and, since the 2005 releases, built into vanilla AutoCAD - have only worked to allow viewing ADT objects created in the same file format as the version of vanilla AutoCAD being used.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report