Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Novell Netware 6 and ADT Project Navigator

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
375 Views, 11 Replies

Novell Netware 6 and ADT Project Navigator

Is ADT 2004 (or 2005) Netware 6 certified? In several previous postings, there have been several mentions of limited ability withthe Project Navigator on Novell servers. I noticed in all of the posts concerning this matter people are indicating that they are on Netware 5 and earlier versions. We are on Netware 6 and are seriously considering ADT, but the Project Navigator, is a big part of that. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same problems with Project Navigator functionality on Netware 6 or 6.5? Thanks for any feedback. Chuck "drhowell" wrote in message news:f1a3b1c.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb... The Project Navigator only "halfway" works on Novell network mapped drives. This is a known bug to Autodesk and as yet, they are still deciding "what to do". What I would like to know is if ANYONE using NOVELL is having full functions and success using the Project Navigator? If so, could we talk!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think Autodesk supports anything not made by Microsoft ;) -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

.....glad I checked before we drop a bundle on ADT. "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:405740e8$1_2@newsprd01... > I don't think Autodesk supports anything not made by Microsoft ;) > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Hello Chuck Arch Desktop 2004 is not tested in a Novell environment and therefore is not officially supported in this scenario. For the most part we have not seen many problems that are specific to the use of Arch Desktop 2004 in a Novell environment. However, there is one issue related to the storage of Arch Desktop 2004 project data on a Novell server and from my experience, this problem will occur whether you are using Netware 5, 6 or 6.5. While Arch Desktop 2004 is not officially supported in a Novell environment, we do understand that some of our users will use it in this scenario and therefore we produced an unofficial fix for this issue. Because this is not an official fix, we cannot post it for download on our website but your Authorized Autodesk Reseller can acquire the fix for you. Tony Michniewicz Autodesk Product Support p.s. If your Authorized Autodesk Reseller is not aware of this fix or how to acquire it, you can tell them that they simply need to contact Autodesk support who can release the fix to them. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:405750df$1_1@newsprd01... ....glad I checked before we drop a bundle on ADT. "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:405740e8$1_2@newsprd01... > I don't think Autodesk supports anything not made by Microsoft ;) > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Ask in networking discussion area, I'm sure you can get some additional help there too. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks for the response Tony. I'll certianly get the patch from our Reseller. Do you know whether or not this patch fixes the problem that several folks have reported in this Newsgroup specifically related to the Project Navigator losing much of it's functionality in a Novell environment? Thanks Again, Chuck "Tony - Autodesk Product Support" wrote in message news:4057705c_1@newsprd01... Hello Chuck Arch Desktop 2004 is not tested in a Novell environment and therefore is not officially supported in this scenario. For the most part we have not seen many problems that are specific to the use of Arch Desktop 2004 in a Novell environment. However, there is one issue related to the storage of Arch Desktop 2004 project data on a Novell server and from my experience, this problem will occur whether you are using Netware 5, 6 or 6.5. While Arch Desktop 2004 is not officially supported in a Novell environment, we do understand that some of our users will use it in this scenario and therefore we produced an unofficial fix for this issue. Because this is not an official fix, we cannot post it for download on our website but your Authorized Autodesk Reseller can acquire the fix for you. Tony Michniewicz Autodesk Product Support p.s. If your Authorized Autodesk Reseller is not aware of this fix or how to acquire it, you can tell them that they simply need to contact Autodesk support who can release the fix to them. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:405750df$1_1@newsprd01... ....glad I checked before we drop a bundle on ADT. "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:405740e8$1_2@newsprd01... > I don't think Autodesk supports anything not made by Microsoft ;) > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Some other options. We have a Novell network, but the FlexLM and client deployment image are on a Win2000 server. No problems here. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:40577f67$1_3@newsprd01... Thanks for the response Tony. I'll certianly get the patch from our Reseller. Do you know whether or not this patch fixes the problem that several folks have reported in this Newsgroup specifically related to the Project Navigator losing much of it's functionality in a Novell environment? Thanks Again, Chuck "Tony - Autodesk Product Support" wrote in message news:4057705c_1@newsprd01... Hello Chuck Arch Desktop 2004 is not tested in a Novell environment and therefore is not officially supported in this scenario. For the most part we have not seen many problems that are specific to the use of Arch Desktop 2004 in a Novell environment. However, there is one issue related to the storage of Arch Desktop 2004 project data on a Novell server and from my experience, this problem will occur whether you are using Netware 5, 6 or 6.5. While Arch Desktop 2004 is not officially supported in a Novell environment, we do understand that some of our users will use it in this scenario and therefore we produced an unofficial fix for this issue. Because this is not an official fix, we cannot post it for download on our website but your Authorized Autodesk Reseller can acquire the fix for you. Tony Michniewicz Autodesk Product Support p.s. If your Authorized Autodesk Reseller is not aware of this fix or how to acquire it, you can tell them that they simply need to contact Autodesk support who can release the fix to them. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:405750df$1_1@newsprd01... ....glad I checked before we drop a bundle on ADT. "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:405740e8$1_2@newsprd01... > I don't think Autodesk supports anything not made by Microsoft ;) > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks Ed. We already have our LM on a Windows server.. no problems there. Do you guys make much use of the Project Navigator? "Ed Jobe" wrote in message news:4057852d_1@newsprd01... Some other options. We have a Novell network, but the FlexLM and client deployment image are on a Win2000 server. No problems here. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:40577f67$1_3@newsprd01... Thanks for the response Tony. I'll certianly get the patch from our Reseller. Do you know whether or not this patch fixes the problem that several folks have reported in this Newsgroup specifically related to the Project Navigator losing much of it's functionality in a Novell environment? Thanks Again, Chuck "Tony - Autodesk Product Support" wrote in message news:4057705c_1@newsprd01... Hello Chuck Arch Desktop 2004 is not tested in a Novell environment and therefore is not officially supported in this scenario. For the most part we have not seen many problems that are specific to the use of Arch Desktop 2004 in a Novell environment. However, there is one issue related to the storage of Arch Desktop 2004 project data on a Novell server and from my experience, this problem will occur whether you are using Netware 5, 6 or 6.5. While Arch Desktop 2004 is not officially supported in a Novell environment, we do understand that some of our users will use it in this scenario and therefore we produced an unofficial fix for this issue. Because this is not an official fix, we cannot post it for download on our website but your Authorized Autodesk Reseller can acquire the fix for you. Tony Michniewicz Autodesk Product Support p.s. If your Authorized Autodesk Reseller is not aware of this fix or how to acquire it, you can tell them that they simply need to contact Autodesk support who can release the fix to them. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:405750df$1_1@newsprd01... ....glad I checked before we drop a bundle on ADT. "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:405740e8$1_2@newsprd01... > I don't think Autodesk supports anything not made by Microsoft ;) > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

No, not yet. Maybe, I should have said, "I havn't run into any yet." :-) -- ---- Ed ---- "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:405a8235$1_1@newsprd01... Thanks Ed. We already have our LM on a Windows server.. no problems there. Do you guys make much use of the Project Navigator? "Ed Jobe" wrote in message news:4057852d_1@newsprd01... Some other options. We have a Novell network, but the FlexLM and client deployment image are on a Win2000 server. No problems here. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:40577f67$1_3@newsprd01... Thanks for the response Tony. I'll certianly get the patch from our Reseller. Do you know whether or not this patch fixes the problem that several folks have reported in this Newsgroup specifically related to the Project Navigator losing much of it's functionality in a Novell environment? Thanks Again, Chuck "Tony - Autodesk Product Support" wrote in message news:4057705c_1@newsprd01... Hello Chuck Arch Desktop 2004 is not tested in a Novell environment and therefore is not officially supported in this scenario. For the most part we have not seen many problems that are specific to the use of Arch Desktop 2004 in a Novell environment. However, there is one issue related to the storage of Arch Desktop 2004 project data on a Novell server and from my experience, this problem will occur whether you are using Netware 5, 6 or 6.5. While Arch Desktop 2004 is not officially supported in a Novell environment, we do understand that some of our users will use it in this scenario and therefore we produced an unofficial fix for this issue. Because this is not an official fix, we cannot post it for download on our website but your Authorized Autodesk Reseller can acquire the fix for you. Tony Michniewicz Autodesk Product Support p.s. If your Authorized Autodesk Reseller is not aware of this fix or how to acquire it, you can tell them that they simply need to contact Autodesk support who can release the fix to them. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:405750df$1_1@newsprd01... ....glad I checked before we drop a bundle on ADT. "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:405740e8$1_2@newsprd01... > I don't think Autodesk supports anything not made by Microsoft ;) > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Hello Chuck The problem that this fix addresses is the inability to properly create/edit project data that resides on a Novell server. From my experience, this fix resolves most, if not all, issues that are related to the storage of project data on a Novell server. Tony Michniewicz Autodesk Product Support "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:40577f67$1_3@newsprd01... Thanks for the response Tony. I'll certianly get the patch from our Reseller. Do you know whether or not this patch fixes the problem that several folks have reported in this Newsgroup specifically related to the Project Navigator losing much of it's functionality in a Novell environment? Thanks Again, Chuck "Tony - Autodesk Product Support" wrote in message news:4057705c_1@newsprd01... Hello Chuck Arch Desktop 2004 is not tested in a Novell environment and therefore is not officially supported in this scenario. For the most part we have not seen many problems that are specific to the use of Arch Desktop 2004 in a Novell environment. However, there is one issue related to the storage of Arch Desktop 2004 project data on a Novell server and from my experience, this problem will occur whether you are using Netware 5, 6 or 6.5. While Arch Desktop 2004 is not officially supported in a Novell environment, we do understand that some of our users will use it in this scenario and therefore we produced an unofficial fix for this issue. Because this is not an official fix, we cannot post it for download on our website but your Authorized Autodesk Reseller can acquire the fix for you. Tony Michniewicz Autodesk Product Support p.s. If your Authorized Autodesk Reseller is not aware of this fix or how to acquire it, you can tell them that they simply need to contact Autodesk support who can release the fix to them. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:405750df$1_1@newsprd01... ....glad I checked before we drop a bundle on ADT. "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:405740e8$1_2@newsprd01... > I don't think Autodesk supports anything not made by Microsoft ;) > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks Tony. I appreciate the Info. "Tony - Autodesk Product Support" wrote in message news:405ef34d_2@newsprd01... Hello Chuck The problem that this fix addresses is the inability to properly create/edit project data that resides on a Novell server. From my experience, this fix resolves most, if not all, issues that are related to the storage of project data on a Novell server. Tony Michniewicz Autodesk Product Support "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:40577f67$1_3@newsprd01... Thanks for the response Tony. I'll certianly get the patch from our Reseller. Do you know whether or not this patch fixes the problem that several folks have reported in this Newsgroup specifically related to the Project Navigator losing much of it's functionality in a Novell environment? Thanks Again, Chuck "Tony - Autodesk Product Support" wrote in message news:4057705c_1@newsprd01... Hello Chuck Arch Desktop 2004 is not tested in a Novell environment and therefore is not officially supported in this scenario. For the most part we have not seen many problems that are specific to the use of Arch Desktop 2004 in a Novell environment. However, there is one issue related to the storage of Arch Desktop 2004 project data on a Novell server and from my experience, this problem will occur whether you are using Netware 5, 6 or 6.5. While Arch Desktop 2004 is not officially supported in a Novell environment, we do understand that some of our users will use it in this scenario and therefore we produced an unofficial fix for this issue. Because this is not an official fix, we cannot post it for download on our website but your Authorized Autodesk Reseller can acquire the fix for you. Tony Michniewicz Autodesk Product Support p.s. If your Authorized Autodesk Reseller is not aware of this fix or how to acquire it, you can tell them that they simply need to contact Autodesk support who can release the fix to them. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:405750df$1_1@newsprd01... ....glad I checked before we drop a bundle on ADT. "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:405740e8$1_2@newsprd01... > I don't think Autodesk supports anything not made by Microsoft ;) > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
Message 12 of 12
pdfo

is there an unofficial fix for the project navigator editing problem with novell & adt/abs 2006

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report