Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-uniform display of same material in VizRender

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dnichols
120 Views, 6 Replies

Non-uniform display of same material in VizRender

When I render in Viz Render, I am unable to have 3D extruded objects that were created in ADT4 stay uniform in color. This is especially noticeable at the joint between 3D extrusions (like at the gable end of a roof, or piecing together a stone sill in 4' increments). In ADT4 I have assigned these extruded objects with the same layer, and have assigned one material to all objects on this layer, but I get multiple colors of the same material when rendered in Viz Render.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dnichols

Could you post the files to the customer
files newsgroup and someone would take a look?

How did you assign the materials?

--
Charlie Busa

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
When
I render in Viz Render, I am unable to have 3D extruded objects that were
created in ADT4 stay uniform in color. This is especially noticeable at the
joint between 3D extrusions (like at the gable end of a roof, or piecing
together a stone sill in 4' increments). In ADT4 I have assigned these
extruded objects with the same layer, and have assigned one material to all
objects on this layer, but I get multiple colors of the same material when
rendered in Viz Render.
Message 3 of 7
dnichols

I assign materials by layer in Viz Render. I had previously assigned them in ADT4, and used that renderer, but have recently purchased RPC content trees, cars, etc, since I was unhappy with what was offered in ADT4. The trees in ADT4 leave a ghost image as well. I'll give a shot at posting the rendered file as you had requrested. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7
dnichols

See attached drawing. I'm particularly trying to get the blue accent band above the entry to be consistent in color. That layer was assigned with the same material, but it is not the same when rendered.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Could it be something to do with your radiosity solution? What happens if you render without radiosity at all? Just a thought - it might be an "artifact". -- Matt Dillon Enceptia, Inc. http://www.enceptia.com "dnichols" wrote in message news:11570195.1072282490463.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > See attached drawing. I'm particularly trying to get the blue accent band above the entry to be consistent in color. That layer was assigned with the same material, but it is not the same when rendered.
Message 6 of 7
dnichols

Yes, it did render OK without radiosity. Any suggestions?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

What are your radiosity settings? In general, I enable global meshing, turn on "Use direct illumination" and "Regather direct illumination" on for final renderings - that usually takes care of any artifacts like those. -- Matt Dillon Enceptia, Inc. http://www.enceptia.com "dnichols" wrote in message news:12119029.1072708552599.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Yes, it did render OK without radiosity. Any suggestions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report