Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Autocad 2000 from Win 2000 to Win XP, no installation media

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
dougwzz99
506 Views, 0 Replies

Moving Autocad 2000 from Win 2000 to Win XP, no installation media

A friend of mine has a (very?) old version of Autocad (I think release 2.0?) running on an equally old Windows 2000 system. He has lost the original installation media (I think it was supplied on 3.5 inch floppy disks!). He wants to transfer it to a Windows XP system. I am fairly computer literate but know nothing about Autocad.

I have copied all the programs over to the Windows XP system, being careful to exactly duplicate all the folder structure. I then exported all the registry entries associated with Autocad from the Win 2000 system and imported them to the Win XP system. After some tailoring I have got Autocad to start, and it recognises the dongle and seems to come up OK. However my friend tells me that the AEC component is not loading. I'm pretty sure I've copied everything over, so I'm not sure why it doesn't load. Is there some initialisation I need to do (I see there is an aec.dbx file). I'm not exactly sure what AEC is, it seems to be some sort of add-on rather than integral to Autocad?

When it starts up the splashscreen says:

AutoCAD Architectural Desktop Release 2

theres also some mention of 'AutoCAD 2000'

There are two locations for the system that I copied over:

c:\Program Files\AutoCad Architectural 2 (this seems to contain the main system)

and

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared (this seems to contain the AEC component)

Apologies for the rather vague problem description. I'd be grateful for any pointers as to why this aec component might not be working? Have I missed something that needs to be copied over? Grateful for any suggestions to try and get it working.

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report