Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making schedule tables using block attribute data

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
208 Views, 2 Replies

Making schedule tables using block attribute data

How can I generate a schedule table from block attribute data? I have a block called "door_tag" which contains attribution definitions. As I insert the blocks next to the doors on the plan I fill in the prompted information. I tried to create a Schedule Table Style using Property Set Definitions that will use the data from the blocks attributes I have inserted. All I can get is lots of table cells with "?" in each.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to have a space in the room>tagged with a room tag(non attribute kind) then the door can be tagged with a door tag(non attribute kind) You can have the door tag display what number you want by dragging the tag tail on the door into any space But for this all to work you have to use non attribute tags, must use tags that came with ADT or the modified version of. All tags get info from property set definitions for spaces, doors and so on. "Patrick H" wrote in message news:40295150$1_3@newsprd01... > How can I generate a schedule table from block attribute data? I have a > block called "door_tag" which contains attribution definitions. As I insert > the blocks next to the doors on the plan I fill in the prompted information. > I tried to create a Schedule Table Style using Property Set Definitions that > will use the data from the blocks attributes I have inserted. All I can get > is lots of table cells with "?" in each. > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

ADT property data is stored with the object, not in attributes in tags. ADT tags are Multi-View Blocks that use view blocks with attributes to display selected property data, but the data resides on the object, and the tag pulls the displayed information from the object's data.

If you want to learn more about Property Set Definitions, Schedule Table Styles and Custom Tags, take a look at Brain Dumps No. 13 and 15, by Mr. Matt Dillon, at http://home.earthlink.net/~ccyanchar/ .

--

David Koch
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report