Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
ragetoca
239 Views, 2 Replies

Lost Xref Paths

Please help:
The Architectural folder containing all of our .dwg files was moved to another location in the servers.
For example, the s:\architectural drive had all of our files and it was moved to a folder like \\main\architectural.
We have about 100 drawings that have lots of xrefs, images and you can imagine we don't want to re-map everything.
What do you guys suggest?

Rt
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ragetoca

Try mapping the network drive to be named "s:\architectural" instead of \\main\architectural It is also a good idea to not include the drive letter in xref paths. If you had replaced the "s:\" with this "..\" at the time that you attached the xrefs, you would not have had this re-pathing problem. This allows you to move entire folders to a new drive. -- Gary Lafrenière CAD Manager Plan B Retail Design Remove NO SPAM from address before replying "ragetoca" wrote in message news:7448299.1099577870269.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Please help: > The Architectural folder containing all of our .dwg files was moved to > another location in the servers. > For example, the s:\architectural drive had all of our files and it was > moved to a folder like \\main\architectural. > We have about 100 drawings that have lots of xrefs, images and you can > imagine we don't want to re-map everything. > What do you guys suggest? > > Rt
Message 3 of 3
ragetoca
in reply to: ragetoca

Well,
I am not the IT manager so I don't have a say in renaming the folders. I have assigned a letter in the map folder to R:\.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report