Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEADER PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
betazero
181 Views, 16 Replies

LEADER PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to REALLY know when leaders will be fixed. I have posted this question several times with no answer and I am getting angry. LEADERS DO NOT PRINT RIGHT WHEN THEY ARE IN XREFS. THEY SHOW TURNED OFF BUT ACTUALLY PRINT. I DONT WANT TO FREEZE ALL XREF LAYERS OR SET THEM TO NO PLOT LAYERS. IF ITS OFF ITS OFF. IT SHOULD NOT PRINT. FIX THIS AND GIVE ME A DATE WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED. I DONT PAY ALL THIS MONEY TO HAVE STUPID LITTLE LINES ALL OVER MY PLANS!!!!!! See the attached files. The 1 is my drawing snapshot the 2 is a plot preview. See the left hand side of the page for 3 long leader lines which ARE TURNED OFF.
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
betazero
in reply to: betazero

See jpg 3 for a plot preview of what my drawing would look like if all layers were set to plot. I had to make a lisp routine which would turn all note layers to no-plot layers. I tried a wild card one but the title blocks kept getting nabbed by the wild cards. I have wasted sooooo much paper/time/money and thats enough already. I heard that this is a problem that has been around since version 3.3??? If thats true I dont know but its time to fix it now!! Why was it more important to fix the ADT objects printing from xrefs?? They are equally important
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

If I remember this has been answered several times also. Why don't you freeze the layers? It is the same amount of clicking as turning the layers off, as has been said in the past you should never use Off when freeze does the same and more. I agree that they shouldn't plot, but you have been given a solution that is no more work for you, and apparently you won't use it -- Charlie Busa "betazero" wrote in message news:18055482.1075908094817.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I would like to REALLY know when leaders will be fixed. I have posted this question several times with no answer and I am getting angry. LEADERS DO NOT PRINT RIGHT WHEN THEY ARE IN XREFS. THEY SHOW TURNED OFF BUT ACTUALLY PRINT. I DONT WANT TO FREEZE ALL XREF LAYERS OR SET THEM TO NO PLOT LAYERS. IF ITS OFF ITS OFF. IT SHOULD NOT PRINT. FIX THIS AND GIVE ME A DATE WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED. I DONT PAY ALL THIS MONEY TO HAVE STUPID LITTLE LINES ALL OVER MY PLANS!!!!!! See the attached files. The 1 is my drawing snapshot the 2 is a plot preview. See the left hand side of the page for 3 long leader lines which ARE TURNED OFF.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

Please get over your rant already. You have discovered a problem, and a reasonable workaround. Hopefully it'll be fixed. Until then you are causing yourself unnecessary pain.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

Perhaps beta likes the wait for a regen on an object that isn't seen?
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

Huh, never had the problem myself. I'm not trying to insult your superior intelligence but did you ever think it could be the user and not the software??? Remember ACAD will only do what YOU tell it to do.
Message 7 of 17
betazero

You dont use xrefs and leaders if you have not had the problem! Also about the freezing thing. I understand the workaround but I am wasting too much time with it. I have certain layers I want to be on from the xref. Plus my title block is an xref. I dont want to manually freeze stuff on every job. If I go to print an old job it should print the same way it did in 14 without modification. My point is that if they have known about this for so long whats the holdup for fixing it?? They fixed the ADT objects that were printing but turned off. Its a similar problem to that.... By the way for the people that dont have a usefull answer why are you wasting your time writing here???? I guess you do all one story homes..
Message 8 of 17
betazero

If its no big deal why did they fix ADT objects that were printing in xrefs. The point is that I can use Autocad anyway I wish. Say I want to turn an xref layer on and perhaps I DONT want to wait for the drawing to regen. If you xclip the xref its just as fast as having everything frozen but no waiting to turn things on/off.
Message 9 of 17
betazero

By the way ACAD is not perfect and I would love for it to do what I tell it to. Thats the whole point. The layer is off IT SHOULD NOT PRINT.
Message 10 of 17
betazero

I dont click to turn layers on/off except rarely to check the line up of some things. I use lisp routines. Otherwise every new drawing with xrefs I have go back and manually turn stuff on/off...I havnt done that since 12.

I have tried to make it work but freezing is just too annoying. I was just asking when it will be fixed. I still have no answer for this. Please someone from Autodesk could you tell me when this will be fixed??? Also while your at it is UNDO being fixed too???
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

I also strongly suspect this is a user issue. I use xrefs and leaders all the time, and it never happens as long as everything is on the correct layers and nested layers. Beta, if you want to post the actual dwgs to the group, I think we can pretty quickly diagnose that youre having a severely prolonged brain fart here....

Oslo
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

I guess I dont understand what the big deal is with freezing the layer? You are going through the steps to turn it off, why not just freeze it instead? Have you ever tried the layer freeze in the express tools? It's very quick and works great for xref layers, because it turns the individual layer frozen and not the whole xref.

I also don't understand what you mean when you say "I have certain layers I want to be on from the xref" ?
This can still happen by using freeze instead of off. You freeze the layers you don't want to appear, and do nothing to the ones you want to keep (try the layer freeze I mentioned before, you just pick on an object on the layer you want frozen)

We have run into the same bug here, and I told all of my users to use freeze instead of off and the problem is solved. Besides, freezing layers improves performance because autocad ignores them when it does a regen. When they are just off, autocad still treats them like they are there.
Message 13 of 17
betazero

everyone is missing the point. Do you ever print old drawings? I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I see just one of these leader lines. Anyways I still have no answer to the question I asked. I just want to know when I wont have to worry about this anymore....Thats IT THATS ALL I WANT!!!!!!! My interum solution is ok but still some lines slip thru on old drawings!!!! I am also kinda sick of some of the answers I get on this board.. I keep getting people saying ..."oh you must have had a brain fart" and "it must be user error"...why do these people waste their time writing?? Its not user error!!! Any ACAD employees moderating this group??? Or reading these messages???Please just tell me when this will be fixed..Thats all I want for christmas....oh and more than 3 levels of undo!!
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

Jeeze Beta.......chill, take a vacation. The freeze vs off issue is something most of us (I assume) have had drilled into our heads Rel 12.....it's just a better use of resourses......sorry man. "betazero" wrote in message news:6572772.1076353063745.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > everyone is missing the point. Do you ever print old drawings? I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I see just one of these leader lines. Anyways I still have no answer to the question I asked. I just want to know when I wont have to worry about this anymore....Thats IT THATS ALL I WANT!!!!!!! My interum solution is ok but still some lines slip thru on old drawings!!!! I am also kinda sick of some of the answers I get on this board.. I keep getting people saying ..."oh you must have had a brain fart" and "it must be user error"...why do these people waste their time writing?? Its not user error!!! Any ACAD employees moderating this group??? Or reading these messages???Please just tell me when this will be fixed..Thats all I want for christmas....oh and more than 3 levels of undo!!
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

I can undo 938 and counting "betazero" wrote in message news:6572772.1076353063745.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > everyone is missing the point. Do you ever print old drawings? I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I see just one of these leader lines. Anyways I still have no answer to the question I asked. I just want to know when I wont have to worry about this anymore....Thats IT THATS ALL I WANT!!!!!!! My interum solution is ok but still some lines slip thru on old drawings!!!! I am also kinda sick of some of the answers I get on this board.. I keep getting people saying ..."oh you must have had a brain fart" and "it must be user error"...why do these people waste their time writing?? Its not user error!!! Any ACAD employees moderating this group??? Or reading these messages???Please just tell me when this will be fixed..Thats all I want for christmas....oh and more than 3 levels of undo!!
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

Yes I do use xref's and leaders (would be quite a pain to do a project w/o them...). I've never had the problem you are talking about. Have you considered calling your ADT rep for help?
Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

Yes we print old drawings all the time, and the few times we see this issue, we discover that the layer is turned off and not frozen. We freeze the layer and all is well.

I agree, it isn't working the way it should, but freezing the layer is a pretty simple solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report