Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Tool Palette

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2178 Views, 6 Replies

Import Tool Palette

The docs say to use the palette tab in the "customize" dialogue to import an exported palette (.xtp). I don't seem to have that tab. What am I missing? -mjm
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
arrco
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you be more specific about your problem? Normally can simply I-drop a palette from the Content Browser to your workspace (if the palette exists in a Tool Catalog on your server or some other cental location).
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Right-click on a Palette, go to Customize, then Import..... "michael montagne" wrote in message news:4159aa8b_3@newsprd01... > The docs say to use the palette tab in the "customize" dialogue to > import an exported palette (.xtp). I don't seem to have that tab. What > am I missing? > > -mjm
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

The docs are referring to AutoCAD, not ADT. ADT shares palettes through the tool catalogs via the Content Browser.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I still can't find a customize or import selection. David_W._Koch wrote: > The docs are referring to AutoCAD, not ADT. ADT shares palettes through the tool catalogs via the Content Browser. > > -- > > David Koch > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

If you are using ADT2004 and are not a subscriber [or are a subscriber but have not installed the Tool Palettes Extension, then you will not have a Customize... option on the context menu when right-clicking on the tool palette spine and you will not have a palette tab in the Customize dialog from which you could import or export tool palettes.

As I mentioned, these are AutoCAD functions, not ADT functions. Even with the extension, the Import and Export options do not exist on the Tool Palettes tab in the Customize dialog.

The reason for this is that ADT provides a more robust means of sharing tool palettes by means of Tool Catalogs, which are accessed through the Content Browser. Care and feeding of the Content Browser is covered in the Help: Architectural Desktop 2004 Help > Architectural Desktop User's Guide > Setting Up the Environment > Content Browser.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

oops...sorry! My suggestion was for AutoCAD...forgot we are in the ADT forum.... "David_W._Koch" wrote in message news:6693088.1096495325874.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > If you are using ADT2004 and are not a subscriber [or are a subscriber but have not installed the Tool Palettes Extension, then you will not have a Customize... option on the context menu when right-clicking on the tool palette spine and you will not have a palette tab in the Customize dialog from which you could import or export tool palettes. > > As I mentioned, these are AutoCAD functions, not ADT functions. Even with the extension, the Import and Export options do not exist on the Tool Palettes tab in the Customize dialog. > > The reason for this is that ADT provides a more robust means of sharing tool palettes by means of Tool Catalogs, which are accessed through the Content Browser. Care and feeding of the Content Browser is covered in the Help: Architectural Desktop 2004 Help > Architectural Desktop User's Guide > Setting Up the Environment > Content Browser. > > -- > > David Koch > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report