Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For ADT-2007 only -- A Custom CUI to Double click on AEC objects to get the Obje

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
eroselle
293 Views, 7 Replies

For ADT-2007 only -- A Custom CUI to Double click on AEC objects to get the Obje

All:
2007 now includes custom double click options for the entities you click on. If you are like me, you tend to keep the Properties Palette open 100% of the time. So Double clicking for that option is not so useful. 😉

So, this was something that I worked up during the beta cycle. It takes all (most?) of the common AEC objects that ADT offers and instead of properties, it brings up the AEC Object Style dialog for that object type.

To import it into your adt-2007 install:

Fire up the CUI, goto the Transfer TAB.
In the right pane, open to this CUI.
Expand the new "Double Click Actions", select and drag all the entries into your own CUI.
Ok out.

Now double click away!

There are some aecobjects that I have not yet included (like display theme legends, etc). If you can let me know of any ones you find and use -- that *have* a style -- please let me know which ones and I'll add them to the list.

--
David Kurtz
Peckham & Wright Architects, Inc.
Columbia, Missouri
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: eroselle

David,
That is really very generous of you. I was going to try and do this myself next week. You saved us all a bunch of time.

- Sean D Burke
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

sdavidburke wrote:
> David,
> That is really very generous of you. I was going to try and do this myself next week. You saved us all a bunch of time.

Thanks Sean -- hope it helps. I know that this simple addition has speed up my
work flow a bit...
Let me know if you find any objects that I missed. (I didn't think of Display
Themes until I was typing the last message, doh).

--
David Kurtz
Peckham & Wright Architects, Inc.
Columbia, Missouri
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Doh. My IT staff all left early so, no playing with the new toys today. I can see the unopened corrugated box sitting on the desk behind a locked door. So much for trust.
I'll give it a whirl after creating my network image on monday. Have a good weekend.
- Sean
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

David,
Thanks again for taking the time to do this.
A couple more that I would add (although you got the most important ones):

ZoneStyleEdit
MassGroupEdit
DisplayThemeStyleEdit

Nice that the AutoCAD team incorporated some basics in there, pedit is brilliant. I always kept expecting that behavior with each new release and kept getting dissapointed until now. 2007 rocks.

- Sean
Message 6 of 8
aicm

David,
Thank you for taking the time to put this together.
Larry
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

That was really helpful. My question is I don't seem to have the standard double click edit options available. Do you have any idea's on how to import them/Turn them on or even just set them. I've turned on DBLCLKEDIT / PICKSTYLE and DCPROPS (isn't available). Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Sarah
Message 8 of 8
braderwin1

David,

I loaded your CUI and I still can not double click on Mtext to pull up the mtedit command. Any thoughts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums