Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
205 Views, 6 Replies

Fatal Errors

Please Help!

We have a client who is sending us drawings created in ACAD2006 that are crashing with a "Out of Memory Error" upon opening the drawing on our computers. We are running ADT2006 SP1 on machines ranging from P-IV 2.0 Mhz chips & 512 MB ram to one with a Pentium Dual Core (3.0 Mhz) processor & 2 Gb ram. All of the drawings are small. I have tried recovering ther file and get the same crash. I have tried having the client save the file down to V2000 format and still get the same result. The oddest thing is that we can open these drawings in ADT2005, but any saving or save as so that we can use them in ADT2006 results in the same crash. I have attached one of the problematic files.

Could anyone take a look at it and see if the same thing happens? The client swears that we are the only consultant that can't open their drawings and I have never seen any files crash like this that were un-recoverable. As far as I know, they are not running any add-ons to just the vanilla ACAD2006. We have not added anything either.

Thanks much!

Bob Thrapp
PSE Architects
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Running ADT2006 SP1 - No problem here.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Could you do a save as & re-post the drawing?

Thanks!

Bob Thrapp
PSE Architects
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Opened fine for me. I did find some associative hatch objects in there
which can sometimes cause problems. I changed the hatch to non associative
and saved down to ACAD 2000.

--
Jeff Hanson
Autodesk Product Support
Building Solutions Division
Manchester, NH

wrote in message news:5236681@discussion.autodesk.com...
Could you do a save as & re-post the drawing?

Thanks!

Bob Thrapp
PSE Architects
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Jeff,

Thanks for your help. No luck though. It crashed with an out of memory error as soon as I started to open the file. Argh!

Bob Thrapp
PSE Architects
Message 6 of 7
galingula

What's your MAXSORT set to?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report