Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Tools keep unloading. Is AutoDesk out there?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
r_yeates
2961 Views, 9 Replies

Express Tools keep unloading. Is AutoDesk out there?

Is anyone from AutoDesk reading/Answering this stuff? I realize that there are issues between ADT 2004 and Express tools; however, I would like to know if there is a fix for the problem I have been experiencing with a number of my client systems.

I load Express Tools with ADT 2004 onto the clients system and everything installs/works well. Then I get called back asking why I haven't loaded Express Tools. I reload it and when I restart ADT 2004 the Express Tools are gone!

I have included the messages I get in AutoCAD below. It seems something is unloading the Express Tools. When I type expresstools at the command prompt (as I was instructed to do in an earlier post) up come the Express Tools.

What is unloading the Express Tools on some (not all) of my clients systems? How do I stop it from happening?

The Express Tools have become a vital part of AutoCAD for many of my clients. I know that ET's were origionally an unsupported add on to AutoCAD, but now that the product has been more integrated into AutoCAD and ADT don't you think it's time to work out the problems?

My clients are screeming at me to fix the problem and I keep telling them there is nothing I can do! It's an AutoDesk problem. It's all I can tell them. I hope someone reads and responds to this post. I have been reviewing the posts on this issue and it seems AutoDesk is avoiding this issue. Please prove me wrong!!!!

Loading AecBase40...
Loading AecUiBase40...
Loading AecGuiBase40...
Loading AecProjectBase40...
Loading AecScheduleData40...
Loading AecArchBase40...
Loading AecUtilities40...
Loading AecArchX40...
Loading AecStructureBase40...
Loading AecAreaCalculationBase40...
Loading AecArchDACHBase40...
Loading AecAreaCalculation40...
Loading AecStructure40...
Loading AecSchedule40...
Loading AecArchDACH40...
Loading AecUiScheduleData40...
Loading AecArchXM40...
Loading AecDcArch40...
Loading AecLayerManagerUI40...
Loading AecProject40...
Loading AecProjectPalette40...
Loading AecUiSchedule40...Regenerating model.

Menu unloaded successfully. MENUGROUP: EXPRESS

AutoCAD Express Tools Copyright © 2002-2003 Autodesk, Inc.

Autodesk Architectural Desktop menu utilities loaded.
Loading AecDetails40...Enter command name: *Cancel*
Enter command name:
Command: TOOLPALETTES
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: r_yeates

Mine work fine.
Bob
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

are they launching ADT from a profile that doesn't have ET menus in the path?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Rick, these forums are not for official responses from Autodesk. 'Deskers who participate generally do it on their own time. Call your reseller or Autodesk Professional Services for Autodesk support. --Cy-- "rick112" wrote in message news:15619135.1074445391599.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... Is anyone from AutoDesk reading/Answering this stuff?
Message 5 of 10
a.c.childress

I've been watching these groups for 18 months now and this is a new one on me. I don't remember it coming up before so I guess there is nothing for autodesk to avoid. It sounds like a profile problem to me.
Message 6 of 10
r_yeates

I've posted the question at least 3 times now. It must be a problem because the solution I got in the past was to type expresstools at the command prompt! And that works. Of course you have to do it each time you load ADT.

Express tools has other problems with ADT 2004 as noted by AutoDesk.
Message 7 of 10
r_yeates

Well there seems to be something different from one computer to the next although I'm not sure what yet. I am the only one that loads the applications. The users are able to modify their systems after I have done my work so maybe they are doing something I don't know about.
Message 8 of 10
r_yeates

That's nice!
Message 9 of 10

Being a software engineer I have created several autocad tool bars but the issue stands that the tool bars gets unloaded each day from days starting.Again we have to load the tools on daily basis. What's the reason behind it I cannot figure out.Can any body suggest.Smiley Indifferent

Bireshwar
Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: bireshwar.mallick

You have to deliberately save your active/current workspace if and when you add, turn on, turn off or move screen objects like toolbars. Otherwise AutoCAD assumes your change was just temporary and puts it all back the next time you start.

Look up WSSAVE command in your HELP files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report