Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting and Binding Xref issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BrockJRW
1928 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting and Binding Xref issues

We are running Desktop 2004. We have an extremely large project that we just finished as-builts on. The owner wants cad files as well as PDF's. I am trying to do 2 things. I am doing a save as to the sheets in a different folder and trying to bind the xrefs in that folder. That isn't working, I just get an "Invalid" message and nothing happens.

I am also taking the sheet and trying to export to autocad (2000 and 2004). Here is what I get everytime:

Command: _AecExportToAutoCAD2000
Binding Xref "05016-34X44 BEW-HOK TBLOCK"...
Duplicate Block "atributes" ignored.
Duplicate Block "000059" ignored.
Duplicate Block "000060" ignored.
Binding Xref "05016-GENERAL NOTES"...
Duplicate Block "_ArchTick" ignored.
Binding Xref "05016-PLAN LEGEND"...
Duplicate Block "_ArchTick" ignored.
Duplicate Block "_Open90" ignored.
Duplicate Block "_Small" ignored.
Duplicate Block "AecRight" ignored.
Binding Xref "05016-V_Second Floor"...
ERROR: Xref-Bind failed (eNoDatabase)
ERROR: could not process Xrefs!*Invalid*

You can see that it seems to bind the title block, notes and legend but then runs into trouble with the view.

I have started at the top with the constructs and elements and purged, audited and cleaned them up as much as possible. The constructs export just fine but when I get to the view the trouble begins. Obviously it has something to do with processing the xrefs but I have searched and fooled with this all day and have come up with nothing.

I would gladly put some of these files online if anybody has any interest in helping me with this issue. It may not seem like much but it really is a big deal to me. 

Note: I am running windows 7 and thought maybe it was an OS issue but have tried the same thing on an xp machine and get the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this. I am at a loss and it looks like my only option at this point is to etransmit but that's not a very good option for the owner.

Thanks guys and gals,

Ryan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: BrockJRW

Why not use ETRANSMIT to bind xrefs, save down, and package your files into a folder of your choice, then you open the resulting final file(s) and export afterwards if you still need to do that?

Message 3 of 4
BrockJRW
in reply to: pendean

I have done ETRANSMIT and I get the exact same errors both when attepting to bind xrefs or export afterwards.

I'm trying to get each sheet down to one dwg file with no xrefs. We have to submit these to the state and the owner and I know the state will complain if it's not easy to access the drawings. With etransmit they will have to open the exe file, extract the drawings and then find the sheet dwg and open it. I just need to simplify the process and typically binding or exporting work flawlessly. I know this sounds simple to us but it's amazing what those guys complain about sometimes.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: BrockJRW

Why do you have eTransmit set to EXE output? We set it to output to a single file at a predefined folder, no EXE and no ZIP: it binds and creates one DWG file in a folder.

What happens if you "AEC EXPORT" the XREF files first, then the top file, then Bind?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report