Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Plain Autocad

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
275 Views, 8 Replies

Export to Plain Autocad

I was wondering if anyone in the group would have a suggestion to this problem: I am a plain Autocad 2004 user. I'm starting to receive dwgs. from clients that are using ADT 3.3 & 2004. My problem is that I have to be able to manipulate the ADT entities from within Autocad 2004 but a lot of the people DO NOT understand that they have to export the dwg. to Autocad in ADT 2004 & Aecobjexplode from ADT 3.3 before they send them to me. I was wondering if there was a utility out there to be able to do this from within plain Autocad?? Such a utility would save me so much time on the phone with clients trying to get them to do this on their end thru ADT & re-send me the dwgs.!!!! Thanks in advance, Mark
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I assume you have installed the objectenabler, and thats how you view the drawing, correct? I think AECOBJEXPLODE is apart of the enabler ability. This explodes AEC enites to primitive objects (lines-arcs). I may be wrong, but you might check if that command is available. "m.r.h." <*markh@barone-engineering.com> wrote in message news:40561400$1_3@newsprd01... > I was wondering if anyone in the group would have a suggestion to this > problem: > > I am a plain Autocad 2004 user. I'm starting to receive dwgs. from clients > that are using ADT 3.3 & 2004. My problem is that I have to be able to > manipulate the ADT entities from within Autocad 2004 but a lot of the people > DO NOT understand that they have to export the dwg. to Autocad in ADT 2004 & > Aecobjexplode from ADT 3.3 before they send them to me. > I was wondering if there was a utility out there to be able to do this > from within plain Autocad?? Such a utility would save me so much time on the > phone with clients trying to get them to do this on their end thru ADT & > re-send me the dwgs.!!!! > > Thanks in advance, > > Mark > > >
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Yes I have Object Enabler set to go out & load what I need when I load an ADT dwg. To my knowledge, AECOBJEXPLODE is not a part of the enabler. These are just for viewing purposes only. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them. -- M. "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message news:40561a33_3@newsprd01... > I assume you have installed the objectenabler, and thats how you view the > drawing, correct? > > I think AECOBJEXPLODE is apart of the enabler ability. This explodes AEC > enites to primitive objects (lines-arcs). > > I may be wrong, but you might check if that command is available. >
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

M. Try typing both -AECOBJEXPLODE and AECOBJEXPLODE at the command line - with and without the dash preceeding the word. I know that in a previous release that this would work with an object enabler because I set up a structural engineer consultant with this. I don't know if it still works though. Doug Bowers
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Upgrade to ADT? You have to be in ADT to do what you want to do. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

My office has no use for ADT other than to get the dwg. exported to an Autocad format, seems a high price to pay for that functionality only!!!! If Autodesk can create free dwg. viewers for people without Autocad to at least mark it up & send it to a printer why not help the end users with a small utility to do what plain Autocad users need to work with ADT dwgs.!!! M. "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:40562438$1_3@newsprd01... > Upgrade to ADT? You have to be in ADT to do what you want to do. > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I can concede that this might be an issue, but anyone using ADT should know how to send files to working consultants. I would consider this their responsibility to get you a working drawing. I don't think Dean was trying to be rude, but if you are actually manipulating architectural data, than ADT is one of the best tools to use. None of us have any idea what your role is in this game, but our consultants (MEP) do not manipulate architectural entities. If you are requesting a dumbed down version of an arch drawing and begin manipulating the drawing, what are they supposed to do with the drawing you send back? These are all assumptions though, again, we don't know what role you play in the drawing exchange. But my original point still stands, anyone using ADT should know how to send files to consultants. Is doesn't matter how sophisticated the program is, there is only one thing that prevents ignorance. Unfortunately, this requires you to call them and tell them how to do it. "m.r.h." <*markh@barone-engineering.com> wrote in message news:40576bf9$1_2@newsprd01... > My office has no use for ADT other than to get the dwg. exported to an > Autocad format, seems a high price to pay for that functionality only!!!! If > Autodesk can create free dwg. viewers for people without Autocad to at least > mark it up & send it to a printer why not help the end users with a small > utility to do what plain Autocad users need to work with ADT dwgs.!!! > > M. > "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message > news:40562438$1_3@newsprd01... > > Upgrade to ADT? You have to be in ADT to do what you want to do. > > > > -- > > Dean Saadallah > > Add-on products for LT > > http://www.pendean.com/lt > > -- > > > > > >
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

....and if it is of any consolation. AutoCAD 2005 and all AutoCAD 2005-based products will be able to natively read ADT drawings without the need for an object enabler installation. -- chris yanchar | product designer building solutions division | autodesk, inc. http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_walls/ "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message news:40577e41$1_2@newsprd01... > I can concede that this might be an issue, but anyone using ADT should know > how to send files to working consultants. I would consider this their > responsibility to get you a working drawing. > > I don't think Dean was trying to be rude, but if you are actually > manipulating architectural data, than ADT is one of the best tools to use. > None of us have any idea what your role is in this game, but our consultants > (MEP) do not manipulate architectural entities. If you are requesting a > dumbed down version of an arch drawing and begin manipulating the drawing, > what are they supposed to do with the drawing you send back? > > These are all assumptions though, again, we don't know what role you play in > the drawing exchange. > > But my original point still stands, anyone using ADT should know how to send > files to consultants. Is doesn't matter how sophisticated the program is, > there is only one thing that prevents ignorance. Unfortunately, this > requires you to call them and tell them how to do it. > > > "m.r.h." <*markh@barone-engineering.com> wrote in message > news:40576bf9$1_2@newsprd01... > > My office has no use for ADT other than to get the dwg. exported to an > > Autocad format, seems a high price to pay for that functionality only!!!! > If > > Autodesk can create free dwg. viewers for people without Autocad to at > least > > mark it up & send it to a printer why not help the end users with a small > > utility to do what plain Autocad users need to work with ADT dwgs.!!! > > > > M. > > "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message > > news:40562438$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Upgrade to ADT? You have to be in ADT to do what you want to do. > > > > > > -- > > > Dean Saadallah > > > Add-on products for LT > > > http://www.pendean.com/lt > > > -- > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Chris, This is great news for the users of Autocad. My question to you Chris is, are we going to be able to move a door or lengthen a wall when the architect calls & makes a slight change but he won't send you the new ADT drawing becuase he needs our work tonight!!!!???? I absolutely agree with Paul, the ADT users should know enough to take into consideration who is using what version of Autocad when they send their dwgs. to their subs. But unfortunately for me, I spend way too much of my time talking to ADT cad operators that do not know these issues exist, nor do they know where to find the export to Autocad commands!! Thanks, Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report