Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragging styles from Design Center

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Dommy2Hotty
79 Views, 4 Replies

Dragging styles from Design Center

Is there a way to drag window, wall, and door styles from the design center by creating AEC Content? I know I can create drawings, but when dragged, they insert as a block, then I have to erase and purge the block to get it out, but still have the style. I'm trying to set up our office the best way possible, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Dommy2Hotty

I can give that a qualified yes. Using the Custom Command option of content, I was able to create a content file that initiates the _WallAdd command, then specifies a particular wall style. Unfortunately, if that style does not already exist in the target file, the wall style will not be imported [even if it exists in the content file].

The workaround is to include a block that contains a wall of that style as part of the content. You would still have a useless block to purge out if that does work, but at least you would not have to erase it first, and it does start the command for you, so you get right to drawing.

I used the WALL layer key for this content, but if you had another layer key you wanted to use, you could specify that instead. It will only affect the parent layer, mostly Shrinkwrap with the out-of-the-box styles, not the subcomponents, but it might be useful for existing or demolition wall styles that already have their components mapped to existing or demolition wall layers.

I will post my experimental content file to the ADT Content newsgroup if you want to take a look at what I did.

--

David Koch
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

David gave you the 3.3 answer, but I will just add that ADT
2004 has a new feature, Tool Palettes, that are intended to satisfy the type of
interaction you describe.  At the bottom of the following webpage are two
PDF documents that go into more in-depth descriptions:
href="http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=2963637#section12">http://usa.aut...

Cheers
--
chris yanchar | product
designer
building solutions division
autodesk, inc.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Is
there a way to drag window, wall, and door styles from the design center by
creating AEC Content? I know I can create drawings, but when dragged, they
insert as a block, then I have to erase and purge the block to get it out, but
still have the style. I'm trying to set up our office the best way possible,
so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I guess I focused on the first question a little too closely and missed the "trying to set up our office the best way possible" part at the end. Thanks for picking up the bigger picture view I missed.

--

David Koch
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Then again, this is the ADT3 newsgroup....

--

David Koch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report