Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Default Layer

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
king-nyc
968 Views, 3 Replies

Detail Default Layer

I have a question about default layer.

When you turn on the detailing mode, and add object from detail tools, how do you turn on the default layer? Right now, all objects are under current layer.

I want to use the default layer. i.e. when u add gypsum board, the outline would be in "mid"? & and the hatch would be in "hatch".

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: king-nyc

Do you have your current Layer Key Style set to "Current Layer"?  If you set it to a specific Layer Key Style, that style will include Layer Keys that work with the out-of-the-box Details components:  FINE, HATCH, MED, THIN, WIDE.  You can assign the layer name and attributes of your liking to those Layer Keys and when you insert a component, the linework associated with each Layer Key will be placed on the layer assigned to that Layer Key.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
king-nyc

Thx!

How do u change from current layer to something else?

Sorry if my question is a stupid question.

Message 4 of 4
king-nyc

For some reason, my layer dwg doesn't have layer, I copied from another PC. Problem solved.

Thx so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report