Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Component Manager, tube steel in elevation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
305 Views, 3 Replies

Detail Component Manager, tube steel in elevation

ADT 2005, I want to draw a tube steel x-brace detail. I would like to draw the tube steel in elevation view with the center of steel aligning with a workpoint, but the detail component manager does not allow me the "center" option once I select elevation.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hmm....it's working for me here. After selecting the tube from DCM, setting the view to Elevation in Property Palette I was able to use the Center option from the command line w/o problem. Are those the steps you used? Thanks, Dennis -- Dennis McNeal, AIA Autodesk BSD "F. Gump" wrote in message news:4145e5cf$1_1@newsprd01... > ADT 2005, I want to draw a tube steel x-brace detail. > I would like to draw the tube steel in elevation view with the center of > steel aligning with a workpoint, but the detail component manager does not > allow me the "center" option once I select elevation. > > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Ahh, the command line. I wish I could use the command line for 'section' and 'elevation' too. "Dennis McNeal, AIA - Autodesk BSD" wrote in message news:4145f19b_2@newsprd01... > Hmm....it's working for me here. After selecting the tube from DCM, setting > the view to Elevation in Property Palette I was able to use the Center > option from the command line w/o problem. Are those the steps you used? > > Thanks, > Dennis > > -- > Dennis McNeal, AIA > Autodesk BSD > "F. Gump" wrote in message news:4145e5cf$1_1@newsprd01... > > ADT 2005, I want to draw a tube steel x-brace detail. > > I would like to draw the tube steel in elevation view with the center of > > steel aligning with a workpoint, but the detail component manager does not > > allow me the "center" option once I select elevation. > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

You can use the command line for the elevation (Xflip/Yflip/Left/Center/Right). For the section view you will have to use the properties palette; check out the Specifications>>Insertion mode (Top of Steel or Centroid are your options). -beau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report