Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Component Manager Laykeys

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
409 Views, 8 Replies

Detail Component Manager Laykeys

How does one change the lay keys for the materials in the Detail
Component Manager?

Dhr
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dhr,

They are as follows:

Fine: A-Detl-Fine
Hidden: A-Detl-Hide
Med: A-Detl-Medm
Hatch: A Detl-Patt
Thin: A-Detl-Thin
Wide: A-Detl-Wide

They can be change to reflect your standards. You can also go into the xml files for the details to change what layer key the brick components for example use. You would then have to make matching keys in you LK style to match the xml, but it works pretty well.

Eric A. Bogenschutz
Autodesk Architectural Desktop Certified Expert
Message 3 of 9
Matasovsky

It's great that you inform us it can be done. Is there a chance you can go into a little more detail on how to accomplish this? 🙂
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Edit (or create a custom) Layer Key Style and change the layer names (and layer properties) associated with each key.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home
Message 5 of 9
Matasovsky

Alright.....I was trying to get into the database of the DCM to customize it internally.

I'll try this approach and see where it takes me.

THANKS AGAIN!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

You may need to do that as well, depending upon what you want for a final result. If you find that the way the out-of-the-box content is set up with regard to the assigned layer keys that Eric noted, then editing the Layer Key Style to use your desired layer for each key should suffice.

If you find that, in general, the layer key assignments in the content are acceptable, but take exception to some and would like to change those and only those, then you will need to edit the databases/recipes/blocks (depending upon content type) to assign a different layer key to the components you feel are not properly assigned.

Keep in mind that you may need to repeat that exercise every time you upgrade to a new release. You will likely want to minimize the number of items you customize in the databases/recipes/blocks to those that absolutely must be changed.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home
Message 7 of 9
Matasovsky

We understand we may need to repeat that exercise every time we upgrade and agree we want to minimize that customization as much as possible.

What we have had difficulty finding is how to even access the databases/recipes/blocks to consider customizing. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

So far, I've changed the layer key setting but I won't truly know if that will suffice until we lay out a bunch of items from DCM and see how they are displaying. Haven't had that chance yet.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Our Structural people object to the AecDtlSteel* components being
assigned to A-Detl-* so I used "Cooktop" a free XML editor to change
them to S-Detl-*. It's really not hard but it is a pain to keep up with
new releases.
Ed deLeon
Message 9 of 9
mauschrat

We set up overrides in our layer key style to handle that issue.
I have a script that fires at startup on the structural machines that sets their layer key override to S. Any layers created through layer key styles automatically start S-
This way I don't need to modify specific components, all components just automatically come in on the correct discipline specific layer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report