Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with XP

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
110 Views, 4 Replies

Compatibility with XP

When I try to install our network version on a PC with Windows XP professional, I get an error that looks like AutoCAD does not recognize the PC's Pentium Processor. It says something like "minimum processor required 486, no math coprocessor found, etc."

Is ver 2.0 compatible with XP professional? We have all the latest patches for XP, but our ADT 2.0 hasn't been patched since we bought it.

Help! My office is looking to upgrade our NT and Windows 2000 machines to XP, but I don't want to open up a can of worms!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When I try to install our network version on a PC with Windows XP
professional, I get an error that looks like AutoCAD does not recognize the
PC's Pentium Processor. It says something like "minimum processor required
486, no math coprocessor found, etc."
Is ver 2.0 compatible with XP professional? We have all the latest patches
for XP, but our ADT 2.0 hasn't been patched since we bought it.
Help! My office is looking to upgrade our NT and Windows 2000 machines to
XP, but I don't want to open up a can of worms!

Not compatible..... try installing win2k. I remember there being a work
around to get ADT2.0 to work on XP.
Message 3 of 5
glennmcguyre

I am running ADT2 on WinXP and having some issues that I am currently working on resolving them. Now to your problems I had to change the combatibility of the setup.exe file before I installed it. You can do this by browsing to the setup.exe file on the CD and right-clicking on it if then you choose the compatibility tab you can change the OS to install as if it was on a Win98,Win2000 etc... I used the Win2000 option.
Message 4 of 5
Spunky

I successfully installed 2000i on my XP computer in Jan 02' after obtaining a patch from AutoDESK...now I have a new XP computer but again I can't install the 2000i without the patch! Can someone help me find that patch again?
Message 5 of 5
CaRnAgE

Jay, the option that glennmcguyre gave will work even w/o the patch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report